Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
That is all.

Repost from the GDT:

I know what we're lacking.

Heart. No heart. It's why these games this season have been boring. It's why we aren't getting dirty. It's why it doesn't "feel" right. It's why we can't score to save our lives.

No heart.

I think someone mentioned it in some other thread, but the Vinny/Marty days... every game was fun to watch, even if we sucked dick. The heart of those two would always be palpable. They could almost will the team to a win. This is the first season where I've actually fallen asleep watching Lightning hockey. I hate it.

How do we fix this lazy, effortless, not-willing-to-get-dirty-and-grind hockey? TKO isn't the same. Johnson has been neutered. Palat just isn't Palat anymore. Kuch is sort of coming along. That line was our heart last season. They've been given a... cardioctomy? this season so far.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I know this isn't what they're thinking, but when I watch the product on the ice I keep thinking to myself, "You guys are playing like you won something last year."

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Dudes played their ass off last year to prove themselves. Skating by this year thinking they can get by on last year's effort. But they can't. Take's this year's effort. Won't make the playoffs.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Some of you guys are really overreacting. I'm as pissed as you guys but let's look at this with a clear head. We are in a rut. It happens. We have a team full of players not used to going in runs that deep all together. Coburn has done it, years ago. Boyle and stralman have done it back to back years. Hedman and stamkos 4 years ago. The kids havent. The kids carried this team.

Whether it's fatigue, a contract, a coach, it's temporary and will straighten itself put soon whether we are a powerhouse or a middle of the pack team, this is a playoff unit. I will stand by that until game 41, if by then, it's the same or similar, I will have a different narrative. Be patient.

We can't score and they are playing terrible, yet we are taking each game as if it's a 3 game pack of losses. It's not. If we go on a run for 5 or 6 games of wins starting tmrw, some of these comments will look foolish. There is no way Yzerman let's this team collapse that sudden, he will trade off somebody big to shake things up before watching years of work fall apart because guys are tired or disinterested. Have faith. Be patient.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't buy fatigue being a reason. That's a very poor excuse. I think the biggest problem is Johnson isn't playing like a #1 center, so the triplet line is disjointed. Without the consistency of that line the rest of the offense can't relax. You'd think the guy asking for the astronomical contract would be the one carrying the team right now.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't buy fatigue being a reason. That's a very poor excuse. I think the biggest problem is Johnson isn't playing like a #1 center, so the triplet line is disjointed. Without the consistency of that line the rest of the offense can't relax. You'd think the guy asking for the astronomical contract would be the one carrying the team right now.

I'm also not buying fatigue also these guys are used to long runs in the playoffs in the ahl palat, johnson, brown, killorn etc. in the nhl boyle, callahan, stralman have also made many long nhl playoff runs. Johnson is clearly hurt right now and is not playing like a top line center for some reason. stamkos clearly has proved to me he is not a top line center so far this year so glad we did not pay him yet. yzerman is clearly keeping a eye on this team and has not extended coburn or stamkos yet carle looks like he will head out buyout or trade this summer so at least stevie will have some money free.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well, they've had several months off to rest after the Cup final. I admit, I'm not a professional athletic trainer, but a single week off for me and I'm 100% repaired, which is me doing 40 hours a week of intensive work plus 4 days in the gym. So yeah, not buying fatigue this early into the season, that is something that you'd experience towards the end.

The one thing that more rest would help with is to repair injuries, and it looks like Johnson is still suffering lingering effects from the wrist injury.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We can't score and they are playing terrible, yet we are taking each game as if it's a 3 game pack of losses. It's not. If we go on a run for 5 or 6 games of wins starting tmrw, some of these comments will look foolish. There is no way Yzerman let's this team collapse that sudden, he will trade off somebody big to shake things up before watching years of work fall apart because guys are tired or disinterested. Have faith. Be patient.

Our comments are based on the games that have already been played, they've played lazy and uninspired the past 2 weeks. A 5 game winning streak doesn't change our viewpoint on those games..

Fatigue is a lame excuse, I don't remember the Rangers board using that at all when they were in their slump last season, the fans knew the team was just playing like ****, very much like ours. Looks to me like a lot of guys didn't take the off-season seriously and didn't come in prepared. Not a surprise that Drouin, Stamkos and Hedman (who all have ridiculous off-season workouts) all look normal.

Pure speculation but I don't think TJ trained all that hard this summer, from his instagram and twitter, seems like he had the "well I have a cast on so I can't do any training" attitude. I mean good for him for enjoying his days off but it's really showing on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad