No holding back: thoughts on your team’s announcers. Go!

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Honestly the broadcasts are a little dull. But they're better than when Steigerwald was there.

It's Steve Mears and Bob Errey now.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe RDS has changed. I assume they're the defacto play-by-play people for the habs, but it was terrible.

When Montreal would play Tampa, it would be about Tampa and how great they were going to be with these certain players that didn't amount to anything, or were traded, so they didnt help Tampa become the team they are today.

They would stop calling the game randomly to mention a Quebec player in another game scored his first and go on and on about him.

I get you're trying to share province pride and all that, but wait until the highlights, or intermission, but not in the midst of a game where that player isn't even playing. It reminded me of an AHL game I watched between Grand Rapids and Hamilton where the GR announcer and PBP guy just talked about the Lions for pretty much all of the 3rd.

Glenn Healy. He was kind of on your team. If you were winning he thought your team was great even if you were super lucky to be up. You coughed up that lead and were losing, your team sucked all game long and didnt deserve to be in the game.

Went for any team he did PBP for. Same with any team the Canadian team was playing.

Oh the rangers are winning ? You're great! You're losing now ? Did they even show up to this game ???

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Rick Jeanneret has lost his fastball but is still endearing.

Dan Dunleavy. Wow. How he has a job is beyond me. If you watch the game you can ignore him. But the Sabres simulcast the tv feed over the radio. If you listened to a game then went back and watched it you’d swear he called the game from his basement while he was watching golf. He has no ability to paint a picture and when he does it is wrong and has the wrong players. Frustrating. He does give the score frequently, so there is that.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I would gladly pay for a stream with only the game sounds. Why do they always hire goalies for color, particularly unsuccessful ones too? Some of the most insane and insufferable coverage and MN fans have been stuck with it forever. They do amateur streams for high school games and the commentary is better.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Jim Fox used to be a very good color commentator, since the Kings won their Cups he has regressed to the Brian Hayward level of homerism. I listen to the other teams broadcasts most of the time.

I don't know what to think of PbP guy Alex Faust because he clearly plays second fiddle in the Kings broadcast booth to the color guy, which should never be the case.
i think faust would be a good pbp guy if they took fox away from him. he makes an overall decent call, but gets caught up wayyyyy too much with foxy's crap and foxy has been trying way too hard lately to be a spin doctor

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Rick Jeanneret has lost his fastball but is still endearing.

Dan Dunleavy. Wow. How he has a job is beyond me. If you watch the game you can ignore him. But the Sabres simulcast the tv feed over the radio. If you listened to a game then went back and watched it you’d swear he called the game from his basement while he was watching golf. He has no ability to paint a picture and when he does it is wrong and has the wrong players. Frustrating. He does give the score frequently, so there is that.

RJ, you're spot on. Dunleavy is mediocre at best. Better than Sylvester though! And you didn't mention the abortion that is Rob Ray. Easily, EASILY the worst cc in any sport. I'm consistently dumbfounded as to how he still has this job. Considering he only has it because he played for the Sabres for a very long time, he has no other qualifications. He was a bad hockey player. He's dumb. He's terrible at speaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->