No extension will be given for Lebreton

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The debt he never had? Doubt it. He must have tried for another extension and got told to scram.
Or good entertainment 101 says build suspense act like it’s the end of the deadline with ominous background music and...bammm drop the good news. Yay!
Who knows tho Rudy sees a golden goose to support his project and I don’t know how anyone could expect Melnyk to sign up for anything worse than he has now. Devcore probably wants to bang both their heads together every time they have a sit down.

It might be best if they just all walk away, realistically I see the tax payers money being spent on land decontaminization and then everyone walking away because a global economic downturn and there will be nothing left but a giant hole in the ground and a large bill for the city.
Source on anything you just said? Or just pure conjecture?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Source on anything you just said? Or just pure conjecture?

Sure here is my source for my opinion.
Me.
But responding to a made up rumor with no source what so ever and my source is what your worried about?

How about you change your picture to Mathews or something your no fan of this team or anything it does

I do know what type of debt Melnyk had to finance before the NHL made money available to teams and I know what he financed this year, the math isn’t hard to figure out. I doubt he borrowed that much in a couple of years and I highly doubt they would let him. Source for that? Common sense.
I can tell you might need to find a source for that, I hope one day you do

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Sure here is my source for my opinion.
Me.
But responding to a made up rumor with no source what so ever and my source is what your worried about?

How about you change your picture to Mathews or something your no fan of this team or anything it does

I do know what type of debt Melnyk had to finance before the NHL made money available to teams and I know what he financed this year, the math isn’t hard to figure out. I doubt he borrowed that much in a couple of years and I highly doubt they would let him. Source for that? Common sense.
I can tell you might need to find a source for that, I hope one day you do
Right so just one persons opinion.

Nice ending attack at me, appreciate it. Sorry for asking a question on a discussion board.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
"Hey you're not playing in the NHL then".

Major sports leagues are cartels. The 30 other owners are not going to accept Melnyk taking away a ~750 million expansion fee they can pocket. Bettman has no appetite to relocate a team that has exclusive rights to an arena. The few times he has moved a team in recent years it's been because of expiring leases/rent agreements the teams were unable to renew.

This is not something Melnyk can do on his own. And even if he could: the hundreds of millions it would cost to move a team, rebrand and gain a following is a huge turnoff. The guy can barely finance (or does not want to) his team in Ottawa but he's going to spend hundreds of millions to move to another city? LOL alright there.

Didn’t Bettman say they will not be expanding to more teams and they were happy with the current number?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You can take this with a grain of salt...but this is from a someone who is connected...

Apparently the Cirque du Soleil group is part of the Lebreton negotiations because they paid off Melnyk's $100 million debt to the NHL,
as well as helping them refinance existing debt that they were paying a very high interest on.

There was a deal to sell the team, but the NHL nixed it.

The sale would have been for 450 mill. apparently

Because of Seattle coming into the league at 650 mill.

so once Seattle is settled..there could be a Sale.

again...this is what I heard...

Melnyk's 100 million dollar debt to the NHL?

What?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know others have said it, but Bruce is just brutal. his between period "here's what the owner told me to say" commentaries are mind numbing. "say Bruce, is Stone staying?"... "Well, I would think that if he isn't the type of guy to want to stay around for the rebuild, that the team will be cornered into trading him for whatever they can get. I think the team wants guys who want to be here".

I realize it is just sports, but come on man, have a little bit of self respect.
He clearly has no self respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad