No Devils media availablity before training camp per Lou

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I think TG is a great reporter. He's aggressive and he actively looks for stories. He works hard to get information. Most reporters would just slink off and say "Oooooookaaaaaaay" knowing talking to Lou is like talking to a statue of Lou.

However, I love Lou and I don't really even like Gulitti, so the outrage on behalf of me the fan is just pompous. He didn't get his way. He doesn't run the Devils and he doesn't know how to do it better than Lou.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I kinda think this whole thing is being taken out of proportion.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Lou's stubborn and TG is cranky, that's all it boils down to.

I love Lou as a GM and TG as a beat reporter, but the strain of the past few months gets the best of everybody.

Although it's not the first time TG has aired his grievances, everybody's professional enough to move along.

NC107*

It's is the Devils empty seat strategy, works all the time.

Tom Gulitti ‏
Although other teams have made their head coaches available to media already, Devils won't let media talk to Pete DeBoer before camp opens.

Tom Gulitti ‏
Devils also won't allow media in building to watch players' informal skates prior to start of camp.

Tom Gulitti ‏
I just pleaded with Lou Lamoriello to change that policy because of circumstances coming out of the lockout and he heard me out and said no.

Lou+Lamoriello+New+Jersey+Devils+Name+New+1KIsoJs5qXMl.jpg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the best part is how lou heard him out first :biglaugh: I guarantee you while TG was pleading, lou had the phone on mute and was like ‘hey! Marcy!’ (fictional secretary) ‘get in here and listen to me jerk this ****** around’. that, or flicking cards into a hat or something. I love lou

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This situation is completely hysterical.

I do get why Gulitti is mad though, from his perspective it essentially renders him temporarily useless (or at least somewhat ineffective) to his employer, and it basically marginalizes his worth as a professional. He probably feels its' disrespectful.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
On the Fan590 Hockey Central is on right now... They said they have a guy in New Jersey and wanted to get some reaction about the Kovalchuk situation and went to the arena.... and claims he's not allowed to enter the practice facility, the door was slammed in his face and a Devils rep said "we're closed."

Doug MacLean said it perfectly "Sounds like a franchise that's real interested in bringing back the media and the fans"

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
On the Fan590 Hockey Central is on right now... They said they have a guy in New Jersey and wanted to get some reaction about the Kovalchuk situation and went to the arena.... and claims he's not allowed to enter the practice facility, the door was slammed in his face and a Devils rep said "we're closed."

Doug MacLean said it perfectly "Sounds like a franchise that's real interested in bringing back the media and the fans"

Why should the Devils respond to rumors?

Also, the situation has nothing to do with the fans so he took a shot at the club just to do so.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Why does the team need to bring in the media? What does that have to do with anything?

There's nothing to be gained from questions that will not garner real answers.

Nor would any answers to these questions do a bit of good. The team has already said it has no reason to believe Kovalchuk won't be back.

What else are they going to say?

Is it beneficial to the fanbase if they go "We're in a panic over Kovy right now!" ?
Is questioning Kovalchuk's commitment to NJ a good way to put ***** in seats?

No, no and more no.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
TSN can contact the players through regular means, there is no reason they need to go to the informal practice to ask these questions.

I'm sure the players are much happier that some guy wasn't there sticking a recorder in there face asking about a situation they know little about.

Flame Demers*

now they need to fix a roster filled with holes. forget the lockout, its over, make a trade. Too many D

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005

Don't speak for me, Doug MacLean.

I like the way the Devils do things.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
TG is 100% right. Lou is going to Lou but right now is not the time. The Devils and other teams need to be 100% trying to get the Fans to be the fan they were last season in the SC final. Lou is a genius but some of this tatics are outdated. I can not wrap my head around this.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
TG is 100% right. Lou is going to Lou but right now is not the time. The Devils and other teams need to be 100% trying to get the Fans to be the fan they were last season in the SC final. Lou is a genius but some of this tatics are outdated. I can not wrap my head around this.
Lou is Lou. He's not going to stop being Lou just because people don't like it sometimes. You take the good with the bad, that's true of anyone. I'll take the good of Lou, even with the bad, any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad