No Detroit team

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
exactly how many teams do the WHA have right now?

Kravitch

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yet ANOTHER team that

A: Has their roster together
B: Has a website in place
C: Has their logo prepared
D: Marketing single, pairs, and seasons tickets

and POOF!

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
Now it looks like there will be no Detroit team in place because they have no place to play. I saw this in the Free Press today or the Detroit News. I thought they had a deal with the Silverdome? What a freaking joke. :shakehead

I can't find anything to back up what you said. Do you have a link for this info? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Evasuk21 said:
Didn't Toronto and Hamilton already pull out of the league? :dunno:

I think they still are alive, they just don't have places to play.

This league sure is a joke, isn't it? :lol

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
Now it looks like there will be no Detroit team in place because they have no place to play. I saw this in the Free Press today or the Detroit News. I thought they had a deal with the Silverdome? What a freaking joke. :shakehead

Didn't they already start construction on the stadium to prepare it for hockey.??? :dunno: I just can't believe they didn't already have a lease. Didn't Dallas's owner say that both Dallas and Detroit were the only teams to have leases? :dunno:

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Evasuk21 said:
Didn't Toronto and Hamilton already pull out of the league? :dunno:

Toronto is under a new ownership group and will supposedly have a deal worked out with the Ricoh Coliseum by Monday. Hamilton apparently says their playing at the Copps Coliseum but the Bulldogs say they're not. :shakehead

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Good grief. I thought I already saw pictures of them setting up the Silverdome for hockey. Maybe the article is wrong?? :dunno:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Piggy2 said:
Toronto is under a new ownership group and will supposedly have a deal worked out with the Ricoh Coliseum by Monday. Hamilton apparently says their playing at the Copps Coliseum but the Bulldogs say they're not. :shakehead

If one of these cities can't negotiate a lease for a stadium, they should move to Quebec. Quebec seems like it would be a much more profitable place to play than Toronto or Hamilton, just because of the Leafs.

Kravitch

Licentia said:
If one of these cities can't negotiate a lease for a stadium, they should move to Quebec. Quebec seems like it would be a much more profitable place to play than Toronto or Hamilton, just because of the Leafs.

They terminated the Nordiks a while ago, not point trying again.

I am Jack's Fish

Piggy2 said:
According to an article in the National Post today there are 5 teams; Toronto, Hamilton, Orlando, Dallas and Miami.

Odd, my ex-boss from the Manatees who works for the Miami Arena now says the WHA stopped calling them two months ago, and that there is no deal whatsoever in place.

Also, Orlando is dead as well and the city told the arena to plan on not putting ice in the building until next year.

WHA is DOA. I know since I worked for some of the people involved in the WHA when they were doing stuff with the WHA2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->