GDT: No Craps Left to Give GDT: Preds @ Jackets 2/18/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
What's really sad is that the team hadn't played since Saturday and, thus, had extra rest, extra time for meetings and analysis of what they're doing wrong and, especially, extra time for practice. All of that was put to such good use that the team was shut out by a team that's averaging almost 3.5 goals against per game.

Reactions: adsfan

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I actually thought that was our best game in a while.. the effort was there and we generated enough to score a couple but when nothing's going for you, nothing's going for you. The unlucky bounces on the Columbus goals were the epitome of the whole night.

Reactions: PredsfanJC

PredsfanJC

Feb 13, 2021
East Cobb, GA
So effort wasn't the problem last night. In truth Columbus probably should have won the game 1-0, but they got the two fluky goals. The issue is definitely coaching and lack of adjustments, I'm not quite sure I've ever heard announcers be so blatant and critical of their home team, rightly so.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
So effort wasn't the problem last night. In truth Columbus probably should have won the game 1-0, but they got the two fluky goals. The issue is definitely coaching and lack of adjustments, I'm not quite sure I've ever heard announcers be so blatant and critical of their home team, rightly so.
Did we listen to the same broadcast?

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
With the boards permission I will keep doing GDTs until Hynes is fired. I have never done the GDT for a win.

giphy.gif

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I used the randomizer to predict our lines next game.

1. Tolvanen / Jarnkrok / McCarron
2. Cousins / Duchene / Grimaldi
3. Kunin / Sissons / Arvidsson
4. Trenin / Haula / Granlund

The randomizer benched Fil. Sounds about right, actually.

Bonus:
And the next lineup is

1. Trenin / Duchene / McCarron
2. Tolvanen / Sissons / Forsberg
3. Grimaldi / Haula / Arvidsson
4. Jarnkrok / Malone / Kunin

Jul 12, 2007
I actually thought that was our best game in a while.. the effort was there and we generated enough to score a couple but when nothing's going for you, nothing's going for you. The unlucky bounces on the Columbus goals were the epitome of the whole night.
Two great sayings regarding this -

-God helps those who help themselves
-Good fortune smiles upon the prepared

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Is it bad that I'm trying to find the most LULZ worthy trade for Granlund.

My 'Best'

Granlund -20%
Tinordi

for

Pierre Engvall
Jimmy Vesey (oh, so you don't want to play for the Preds?)
Jason Spezza (See above. Oh, you are going to retire? Thanks for the cap space!)
Mikko Lehtonen (Didn't... you play for the Preds before? Oh. Different guy. I was gonna say, You are looking young.)

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Is it bad that I'm trying to find the most LULZ worthy trade for Granlund.

My 'Best'

Granlund -20%
Tinordi

for

Pierre Engvall
Jimmy Vesey (oh, so you don't want to play for the Preds?)
Jason Spezza (See above. Oh, you are going to retire? Thanks for the cap space!)
Mikko Lehtonen (Didn't... you play for the Preds before? Oh. Different guy. I was gonna say, You are looking young.)
Well I will say this... of all those players... if Lehtonen doesn't re-sign with the Leafs in the off-season, and if we don't think Farrance would be ready to step right in with the big team, then I'd consider signing Lehtonen in the off-season as a UFA, anyway. :dunno:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Well I will say this... of all those players... if Lehtonen doesn't re-sign with the Leafs in the off-season, and if we don't think Farrance would be ready to step right in with the big team, then I'd consider signing Lehtonen in the off-season as a UFA, anyway. :dunno:

Tinordi doesn't re-sign

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

That guy can really skate, the first Leafs game I watched this year I kept seeing this defenseman out there skating around everyone, real quick, real smooth, so much that it stood out. I was surprised when I looked up the number and it was a new player Mikko Lehtonen (which is an older NHL player, and yet another even older NHL player who skated a few games with the Preds once upon a time.)

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I used the randomizer to predict our lines next game.

1. Tolvanen / Jarnkrok / McCarron
2. Cousins / Duchene / Grimaldi
3. Kunin / Sissons / Arvidsson
4. Trenin / Haula / Granlund

The randomizer benched Fil. Sounds about right, actually.

Bonus:
And the next lineup is

1. Trenin / Duchene / McCarron
2. Tolvanen / Sissons / Forsberg
3. Grimaldi / Haula / Arvidsson
4. Jarnkrok / Malone / Kunin

If I was the Preds coach; McCarron and Duchene sit out the next game, maybe more games!
Put Olivier in McCarron's wing spot when he can play. He would have been throwing some hits last night. Columbus must have outhit the Preds 2-1. Trenin can be the center. Forsberg plays.

Grimaldi and Sissons looked like the most effective forwards last night. Put them together. Who knows, maybe Nashville will score some goals? Grimaldi looked like he was wearing Acme Rocket Skates last night. If Richard plays with those two, you will have a Speed Line!
I would rather have a healthy Olivier with those two, to look out for them on the ice.

Tinordi still goes after big checks and abandons the goal and goalie to do it. He sits and Carrier plays. Carrier will improve both the offense and defense for Nashville. The Preds have 8 Dmen on the roster, but I only trust five of them. That needs to be fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->