No CHL Import Draft thread yet???...

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
Wow, bit surprised. It's two days away and nobody's really talking about it lol. I'm definitely looking forward to it as I always do. Yes I'm a a Canadian but I really like watching euro's player, especially the fast, offensive players. Looking forward to see who the Saskatoon Blades pick.

Any rumours on which euros are planning to come over and who some of the top teams might be picking?

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Trav said:
Wow, bit surprised. It's two days away and nobody's really talking about it lol. I'm definitely looking forward to it as I always do. Yes I'm a a Canadian but I really like watching euro's player, especially the fast, offensive players. Looking forward to see who the Saskatoon Blades pick.

Any rumours on which euros are planning to come over and who some of the top teams might be picking?

All I know of is recent Habs Pick Valentenko a Russian defencemen the Habs have said will likely come over and play in the Q, other than I don't know. The import draft is tomorrow (wednesday) though correct?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
David Poile mentioned that the two Euros picked by the Preds this year--Finn Niko Snellman and Swede Viktor Sjodin are expected to play in the CHL this year. Both are agitators, though Snellman has some skills as well. Wonder where they'll go.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
All I know for sure is that Jakub Voracek will go first overall to the Mosseheads. Voracek is a winger with speed, size and grit. He has already played with Kladno of the Czech Elite League(Extraliga), and is (by many) considered a top three pick along with Swede Mikael Backlund and Angelo Esposito for the 2007 draft. The Mooseheads got the pick from Rimouski. Halifax gave up their first round pick in the QMJHL Draft.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Crosby=Gretzky said:
All I know for sure is that Jakub Voracek will go first overall to the Mosseheads. Voracek is a winger with speed, size and grit. He has already played with Kladno of the Czech Elite League(Extraliga), and is (by many) considered a top three pick along with Swede Mikael Backlund and Angelo Esposito for the 2007 draft. The Mooseheads got the pick from Rimouski. Halifax gave up their first round pick in the QMJHL Draft.

So Voracek and Frolik in the Q. That would be real interesting!

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Phoenix's Euro scout said that their Czech pick Martin Latal is expected to head to the CHL too.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wings' 7th rounder Jan Mursak (Slovenian playing in the Czech Junior leagues) is expecting to come over and hopes to be picked by a CHL team.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
How does this work? Do the players who want to join the CHL let them know or do the teams just randomly select players and hope they come? I would think it would the first thing I said but I dont see any lists out or anything of the players.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
FLYLine88 said:
How does this work? Do the players who want to join the CHL let them know or do the teams just randomly select players and hope they come? I would think it would the first thing I said but I dont see any lists out or anything of the players.
A little of both from what I know, players will let their intentions be known and those are the players who tend to go earlier, but some of the later picks are just top prospects that the CHL teams hope will decide to come over.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
While not completely related to this years import draft, the Red Deer Rebels just acquired the rights to 2005 first rounder Martin Hanzal, so he'll be playing there this year. Lot of exciting European talent. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see some top level talent taken in the import draft tomorrow (guys we havent talked about) but that will end up coming over. This all because of the now in effect 2 year signing rule.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:

I remember last year that the Oceanic said before the draft that they had a deal with the agent of 2 players and that they would come here. They took David Skokan early and after that, probably that the other player was taken because they've made a trade to move up and they take Michael Frolik. And he will probably be with us this year :yo:

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I heard Mark Seidel on HF Podcast saying that Mikael Backlund would probably go 2nd overall to Chilliwack. But it's another 2007 draft-eligible Swede, C Oscar Möller, who is Chilliwack's pick. That's a great pick, I think he can adjust very well to the NA game/lifestyle.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
Is it me...

or is the draft going slow? lol wow, seems like a slow pace to me and I'm surprised, it should be this slow later on in the draft, not now haha, guess some teams werent quite prepared. Maybe its the OHL website that's being slow.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I'm wondering if the Habs will push a team in which they already have a prospect to draft Pavel Valentenko...hope he will be pick somewhere in the second round because from what Timmins had to say about this guy, he's pretty interesting.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Komi#1 said:
I cant wait to see who's Patrick Roy gonna pick...You can be pretty sure that both guys will come to play for the Quebec Remps!!! :yo:

Well, looks like he traded his first pick to Gatineau who picked David Kveton. :D

Freaky Habs Fan said:
I'm wondering if the Habs will push a team in which they already have a prospect to draft Pavel Valentenko...hope he will be pick somewhere in the second round because from what Timmins had to say about this guy, he's pretty interesting.

I'm hoping a team will pick him too, they've hinted towards wanting him to play in Canada but it's all up to him now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Trav said:
or is the draft going slow? lol wow, seems like a slow pace to me and I'm surprised, it should be this slow later on in the draft, not now haha, guess some teams werent quite prepared. Maybe its the OHL website that's being slow.

Well it's merely 5 to 10 minutes late. So it's not that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad