TVA Sports "No buyout contracts are expected for the @CanadiensMTL this year."

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
''Shaw will probably retire soon''

Hes 26
why would he retire?

I guess your question should have been why do I think Shaw could retire. And my answer is because of his concussions, he's got about 4 or 5 the last couple of seasons. If it keeps trending that way, retirement is a very likely option for him. I'd say even at this point, his future is uncertain.

Reactions: Tyson

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Can we bury alzner in the minors for the remainder of his contract? I know they won’t do it but wondering if they’re allowed to. He seriously makes the team a lot worse. It would be addition by subtraction if they move him down.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
@HabsHater9000 I guess but if he wants to play he will sadly.

Can we bury alzner in the minors for the remainder of his contract? I know they won’t do it but wondering if they’re allowed to. He seriously makes the team a lot worse. It would be addition by subtraction if they move him down.

Lets wait atleast 1 or 2 more years... 2 early for that

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

They could if they wanted to, in term of cap space you don't save much by doing that tho, so the only reason to do that is if they need the roster spot.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If you know they'll never do it why ask?

Look, burying Alzner in the minors is the same as buying him out: it is a tacit admission by Bergevin that he screwed up when he signed him. Bergevin's ego will never permit him to admit to being wrong about anything so get used to the reality that we are married to Alzner for as long as his contract is in effect.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Bergevin is going for ROR, signing patches, signing plek, etc. you will probably need to buyout Alzner if he can't play for **** like last year.

Patches is irrelevant because he's under contract this season, so you only have to make space for him after next summer. That means you can wait until next year to buyout Alzner which would lower the caphit of the buyout and reduce the length of buyout.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How do you know that Shaw will retire? lol
He has suffered a lot of concussions and as a fan following the struggles of so many athletes suffering from post concussion stress, you have to think that new father Andrew Shaw has to be thinking about his future. Pure speculation of course. The way he plays means more head trauma ahead.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He has suffered a lot of concussions and as a fan following the struggles of so many athletes suffering from post concussion stress, you have to think that new father Andrew Shaw has to be thinking about his future. Pure speculation of course. The way he plays means more head trauma ahead.

Nah, he'll "retire" while being on LTIR like pronger/horton etc...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nah, he'll "retire" while being on LTIR like pronger/horton etc...
I don’t like the player but I want to see him have a quality life after hockey. He is not there yet but his reckless abandon play can’t continue without consequences long term. I hope he is smarter than that.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
they just signed Alzner, no way they were going to buy him out after only 1 season... They will have to use him on a third pairing though with limited ice time... anyway he is perfect for another tank...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad