No Brule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Yah, I think they dropped the ball here. I would have loved to see what he and Crosby would have looked like together on a line in the intersquad games

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Well,Hockey Canada has to take some responsibility.This kid is one of the best young hockey talents in the world and he deserves the chance to represent his
country.Last year they picked "a team" and not the best players and they LOST.
Not only did they not pick the best players ,they didn't play the best players and
I think that's what you'll see this year.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
pei fan said:
Well,Hockey Canada has to take some responsibility.This kid is one of the best young hockey talents in the world and he deserves the chance to represent his
Not only did they not pick the best players ,they didn't play the best players and

That's why I really hate this team.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
pei fan said:
We lost 3 finals in a row by one goal. You guys are overreacting. Our problem was that we couldnt win the big game even if we dominated the tournament. This team will be fine.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
jcpenny said:
We lost 3 finals in a row by one goal. You guys are overreacting. Our problem was that we couldnt win the big game even if we dominated the tournament. This team will be fine.
maybe....but not to give brule a shot stinks,i think he will prove a lot of people wrong.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
The Old Master said:
maybe....but not to give brule a shot stinks,i think he will prove a lot of people wrong.

I don't think it is about people being wrong (most people know Brule is ranked number 2 right now), but about who you have to leave at home to take him. He will get his shot next year when the spot opens up.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
gb701 said:
I don't think it is about people being wrong (most people know Brule is ranked number 2 right now), but about who you have to leave at home to take him. He will get his shot next year when the spot opens up.
You mean when almost every spot opens up and there's nobody on the team with
WJC experience. :mad:

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
pei fan said:

I think everyone would have been happier if it were:

1. Brule (should of at least got an invite)
2. Bernier (deserved to be there)
3. Picard (should have been invited but the small roster hurt him)
4. Ellis (da goalie)

instead of:
1. Fraser
2. Boyd (dont think hes got a chance to make this team, so I dont know why he was invited)
3. Ladd (Ladd and Picard is close)
4. Dubnyk

Thoughts?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Big Deaner said:

4. Ellis (da goalie)

instead of:
1. Fraser
2. Boyd (dont think hes got a chance to make this team, so I dont know why he was invited)
4. Dubnyk

Thoughts?

1 and 2 are hard to argue with.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The Old Master said:

I think Brule, more than most, has not had his fair shot because by playing for the U18s last summer he could not be evaluated head to head, at least not during a camp. So if he was close he should have had a camp invite based on that. Just my $0.02, overpriced as it may be.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
i definitly about brule getting a shot to crack the roster, but i do think Fraser should get the chance. Hes having a great year and will add amother physical aspect to the team (if he makes it)

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
ax²+bx+c said:
That's why I really hate this team.

I guess when they win we won't hear you saying how great the team and Canadian hockey are. I'll check back after the tourny to see how quick you change your tune.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Vinland said:
I guess when they win we won't hear you saying how great the team and Canadian hockey are. I'll check back after the tourny to see how quick you change your tune.

ahahahahahaha!!! how funny it is. I NEVER cheered for canadians teams. I don't consider myself canadian at all. I wanted the finns to win at last year's world cup, because Koivu and Kiprusoff are my personal favorite players. Why, am I loosing my time trying to prove I always hated team canada, and always will...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
ax²+bx+c said:
ahahahahahaha!!! how funny it is. I NEVER cheered for canadians teams. I don't consider myself canadian at all. I wanted the finns to win at last year's world cup, because Koivu and Kiprusoff are my personal favorite players. Why, am I loosing my time trying to prove I always hated team canada, and always will...

Because you have nothing better to do. There is nothing that you could do that would better use your talents. You are a winner.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Big Deaner said:

4. Ellis (da goalie)

instead of:
1. Fraser
4. Dubnyk

Thoughts?
totally agree
and I agree that Ellis should have got an invite instead of Dubnyk

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
How come we all agree on Brule? But Sutter Does Not!

Vman said:
totally agree
and I agree that Ellis should have got an invite instead of Dubnyk

Maybe by taking mostly 19 yr olds his chances of success are higher. He doesn't have the balls to take a chance on any young players other than Crosby. Very simple. I guess when Brule runs over Fraser on the way to a spectacular goal in the next Red Deer/Vancouver game will Sutter notice Brule.

And by the way Brule already has run over Fraser last yr as a 16 yr old.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Brule to the Vancouver Canucks?

I've heard recently on TSN that if there is no season this year Sidney Crosby could become an unrestricted free agent and go to the highest bidder. Does this mean, Brule, to could not become a UFA and go to the highest bidder? (or a bidder of his choice)... if this lockout ends up with Naslunds 2003-2004 season his last in a Canucks uniform... I hope this lockout continues until they cancel this season and Brule decides he wouldn't mind playing for his hometown.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Tb0ne said:
I've heard recently on TSN that if there is no season this year Sidney Crosby could become an unrestricted free agent and go to the highest bidder. Does this mean, Brule, to could not become a UFA and go to the highest bidder? (or a bidder of his choice)... if this lockout ends up with Naslunds 2003-2004 season his last in a Canucks uniform... I hope this lockout continues until they cancel this season and Brule decides he wouldn't mind playing for his hometown.

Then we would need to trade either Henrik or Morrison...........Brule is a center, while Naslund is LW.

But honestly, Crosby's not gonna become an UFA, and neither is Brule. Not gonna be that easy.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
ax²+bx+c said:

So why complaing about the team if you hate it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->