GDT: No Big E, No Cry (Crown Drool)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Except it really is. He basically kicked Gargano twice, had a short promo (that was his best yet) and was way more over than before.
I don’t agree. It came off very good, but it was because he was in NXT. NXT gained an established star, they’re hyped, and it’s way better for Balor.

If you had Bray return to NXT as the Fiend, it would be just as big or better.

Bray was the biggest thing IN THE COMPANY up until that HIAC fiasco.

I do think Balor is in a better spot to succeed now, though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This was the F4W review:

And I'm someone who actually didn't hate the red lights
The recap I usually read gave it a DUD rating lol.

Peak WWE, not pulling the trigger at HIAC, wasting it here AFTER the draft, which means either the Fiend or Brock will be shifted to Raw, likely the Fiend. They also didn’t learn with the atrocious lighting, which made it hard to see here at times, Finally, Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend is a special kind of bad, because when you thought HIAC was bad, they actually made it worse. Some complain about moves not mattering and finishers not working, well, they have assassinated Seth’s entire arsenal in these two matches. Outside of a few moments, nobody cared about this, There was no heat, no energy, and no reason to become emotionally invested. They missed the mark at HIAC, doubled down and tried to fix it here, and while I can go with the title change being the right call, this match simply sucked, and felt as if it lasted an hour.

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
I thought the red light was alright the first match but it really bothered me today. I don't know what they're gonna do with both belts on Smackdown. Fiend will probably move over to Raw I guess. Mansoor, Cesaro was good, OC winning was a surprise. Women's match was cool that it happened. Brock vs Cain was WTF, I get that Cain is hurt but still WTF. Are they setting up Rey vs Brock? Just WTF.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I thought the red light was alright the first match but it really bothered me today. I don't know what they're gonna do with both belts on Smackdown. Fiend will probably move over to Raw I guess. Mansoor, Cesaro was good, OC winning was a surprise. Women's match was cool that it happened. Brock vs Cain was WTF, I get that Cain is hurt but still WTF. Are they setting up Rey vs Brock? Just WTF.
My takeaway is that they wanted Cain Velasquez no matter what for later, and threw him into a throwaway match vs Lesnar in Riyadh to throw the Saudis a big, shiny trinket.

Reactions: SimR

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Not only is making talents work Smacksown immediately after coming off the plane shitty thing to do, it’s also incredibly stupid. f*** WWE. They deserve this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Smackdown gonna be 2 hours of Brock because he got on his private jet 5 minutes after he was done.
Nope. He actually went with the talent this time.

Edit: apparently he did have his own flight back, so he probably isn’t going to smackdown.

WWE had chartered their own flight so they could fly direct to Buffalo.

I’d say this is hilarious and deserved if it wasn’t actually probably scary.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad