News Article: No 2019 Young Stars Classic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The absence of the Alberta NHL teams was basically the death-knell for this tournament. Sucks for the Penticton economy. I guess the only chance to see some the more promising prospects will be if training camp is expanded, and they get into a few exhibition games.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Will they not try to do something else with more teams

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Wasn't it Brian Burke doing the whining for Calgary. They pulled out when they didn't get it in Calgary.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I think that Calgary,Edmonton have valid points...The tournament should have alternated between provinces.
Seems reasonable, they could have done something like that but it was a great event for Penticton. It wasn't exactly a home tourney for Vancouver either. It's about as close to Calgary and Edmonton as Vancouver so i don't know how they're being so wrongly done by. I think it has more to do with Albertans being Vindictive about the pipe line.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Lots of Flames and Oilers fans in Penticton. Brian Burke ruining stuff for other people because he’s bitter isn’t anything new. Him and Alberta were made for eachother.

Reactions: timbermen

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Seems reasonable, they could have done something like that but it was a great event for Penticton. It wasn't exactly a home tourney for Vancouver either. It's about as close to Calgary and Edmonton as Vancouver so i don't know how they're being so wrongly done by. I think it has more to do with Albertans being Vindictive about the pipe line.

They left the tourney much before the pipeline issue though

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Lots of Flames and Oilers fans in Penticton. Brian Burke ruining stuff for other people because he’s bitter isn’t anything new. Him and Alberta were made for eachother.

Canucks weren't sharing the profits (which were minimal I think).

Having a rotation would still be good.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Reactions: lindgren

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Sounds like the beginning of a rotation. This one in AB, maybe next than back to BC. Each year one team gets to choose the locale.

Seems like it.

Pentictan had a long run with the Canucks profiting... They'll probably be in Alberta for the next couple yrs now till Seattle arrives and builds a prospect pool....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->