NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs NY Mets

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I know it's a dirty play but if I was facing elmination and their closer was up at bat I would seriously think about putting a fastball into his leg. It's really a crappy thing to do but if it gives you an edge in the 9th I think it's something I would do.

And load the bases for Granderson who could blow it open? I get the thinking but I'd take the automatic out.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Are you saying Tejada clearly touched the bag or Utley? Cause if you're saying Utley, no, we did not all see it. Maybe nobody gives a **** if he doesn't break his fibula, but he did... That's such a stupid way to think of things. I'm not even sure what your point is. If I punch you in the face and there's no damage, it's okay, but if I bust your jaw and you can't eat solids for weeks, it still is okay because I COULD HAVE punched you and done no damage? What?

That's an apples and oranges comparison. First off you're playing a sport and contact in sports(even this one is a part of it) its not a nice play but its not illegal. On the other hand punching someone in the face is assault though I don't think I'd make a big stink if nothing happened because if you aren't injured there's likely no proof in your favor.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That's not even remotely true.

People voiced plenty of displeasure in the regular season thread when it happened.

I'm talking about on TV. Every analyst said that Kang was at fault there because he was in the baseline. Not entirely his fault as you can't control the throw but you also don't expect a fielder to be blocking the base path.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That's an apples and oranges comparison. First off you're playing a sport and contact in sports(even this one is a part of it) its not a nice play but its not illegal. On the other hand punching someone in the face is assault though I don't think I'd make a big stink if nothing happened because if you aren't injured there's likely no proof in your favor.
Baseball isn't a contact sport.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Baseball isn't a contact sport.

Many would say basketball isn't but if you watch....it is. You could even argue soccer isn't but there's some dirty plays there(on top of just fake diving) but any sport for the most part will have some kind of contact. It's just hard to avoid. Now yes its a slower game compared to other sports but its not exempt from things occurring that cause contact to occur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->