NLDS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs NY Mets

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
With the way the Mets are hitting, the Dodgers will win.

I would go

Degrom
Harvey
Syndergaard
Colon.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I won't vote because I'm biased, but this series scares me. The Dodgers are built for a 5 game series. If this were a 7 game series I'd say the Mets in 6. But if Kershaw and Grienke go 7 or 8 innings in 4 of the 5 games they will probably prevail. If the Mets get into the bullpen they will win.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Mets are a great story but Dodgers are kinda my NL team and I love Kershaw and Greinke so I hope they can exercise some demons this post season.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I'm pretty sure the Dodgers will roll with

Kershaw
Greinke
Wood

If Kershaw can avoid any repeats of last year, I feel pretty good about this series. Greinke will bring his usual game. Once again, the only team that worries me is the Cardinals.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Kershaw will win game 1 dominantly, then Harvey will throw a no-hitter or some crazy **** to tie it up in game 2. Noah struggles in game 3 and the Dodgers take it in game 4.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I won't vote because I'm biased, but this series scares me. The Dodgers are built for a 5 game series. If this were a 7 game series I'd say the Mets in 6. But if Kershaw and Grienke go 7 or 8 innings in 4 of the 5 games they will probably prevail. If the Mets get into the bullpen they will win.

I don't follow. If you think they played 6 games you think the Mets would win 4 and Lose 2, but if they play 5 the Mets suddenly lose 3?

I understand the logic with the Mets pitching they might have the advantage in games 6 and 7 once the Dodgers wear out Kershaw and Greinke, but then they'd win in 7 no?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Gotta wonder why the Mets gave up on home field when they had a 2 game lead (3 with the tiebreaker) and 5-0 lead in game 1 of the 4 game losing streak.

S A W F T*

Dodgers in 4.

Can't beat Greinke/Kershaw combo.

Only game Mets win is Game 3.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the way the mets are playing, the dodgers shouldn't have much problem winning this

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I don't follow. If you think they played 6 games you think the Mets would win 4 and Lose 2, but if they play 5 the Mets suddenly lose 3?

I understand the logic with the Mets pitching they might have the advantage in games 6 and 7 once the Dodgers wear out Kershaw and Greinke, but then they'd win in 7 no?

The Mets have a lot more depth in their pitching staff than the Dodgers. I don't see the Dodgers winning a 7 game series with the back of their rotation and their bullpen. They could very well win a 5 game series because it's shorter and they won't need as much pitching.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The Mets have a lot more depth in their pitching staff than the Dodgers. I don't see the Dodgers winning a 7 game series with the back of their rotation and their bullpen. They could very well win a 5 game series because it's shorter and they won't need as much pitching.

yeah I got that part, but I don't understand how you have the Dodgers winning 3 of the 5 if it was a 5 game series but somehow only winning 2 if they play 6.

They wouldn't utilize the pen all that differently in a 7 game series than they would in 5, they just would be more tired for game 6 and 7, and not have Kershaw and Greinke available to pitch. So the Mets become more likely to win those 2.

I could realistically see Dodgers in 5(which is what I predicted) but if it was a 7 game series same thing happening but then Mets win games 6 and 7 due to that depth, but suddenly a 7 game series is going to make you think the Mets suddenly win 1 of the first 5 games that you had the Dodgers winning if it was only 5 games long?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad