NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Wrestlekingdom 10

Amazing that the best PPV of the year is going to happen tomorrow, but I can't wait to see it. I just wish Ibushi weren't injured. The tag match should be fantastic. Reborn Matt Sydal is tremendous. Omega is always worth watching. Shinsuke / AJ and of course Okada/Tana could be moty candidates.

No. Matches[36][39][40][41] Stipulations
1P Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Jado vs. Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Manabu Nakanishi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Satoshi Kojima vs. Tiger Mask vs. Yuji Nagata New Japan Rumble
2 reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs. Matt Sydal and Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice (Baretta and Rocky Romero) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) Four-way tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
3 Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe and Toru Yano Six-man tag team match for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship
Winners will be inaugural champions
4 Jay Lethal (c) vs. Michael Elgin Singles match for the ROH World Championship
5 Kenny Omega (c) vs. Kushida Singles match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
6 Bullet Club (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) (c) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) Tag team match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship
7 Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito Singles match
8 Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata Singles match for the NEVER Openweight Championship
9 Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles Singles match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
10 Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi Singles match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

littleD

It's almost time for the 4+ hour extravaganza known as Wrestle Kingdom.

If you want to watch live...
Main show begins at 5pm on January 4 in Tokyo. 3am EST/12am PST/

Pre-Show New Japan Rumble
Some confirmed participants: Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Jado, Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship 4-Way
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship
Toru Yano & The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga)

ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Michael Elgin

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)

Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito

NEVER Openweight Championship
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

If you've never watched NJPW or Wrestle Kingdom, someone on r/squaredcircle put together a 30+ page guidebook that's a very good read.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83DG4_KdlURM2s2ZEZ4TEIyQ1U/view

Last year, WK9 featured three matches rated 4.5 stars or better by Dave Meltzer. The match between Shinsuke Nakamura and Kota Ibushi last year was one of three 2015 matches given 5 stars (all three 5* were NJPW matches).

Your live viewing option outside of Japan is NJPW World, basically their version of WWE Network. There will be english commentary with Matt Striker and Kevin Kelly.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Not the best but a decent ROH title match. Wish they would have had more time but at least they were on the card.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'll have to rewatch the Okada vs Tanahashi match since it was buffering pretty much the whole time for me. Rest of the show was fantastic though.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Where can I watch this?
NJPW have their own streaming service like the WWE Network. 999Â¥, but it's all in Japanese with hardly any English. And nothing they have has English commentary (except this show, and the commentary is worse than Raw apparently).

Or it's in the normal illegal places you'd expect it to be.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
AJ just got fired from Bullet Club on New Year's Dash and man it was so well done

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, I just saw that. Really good. There's a youtube in the spoiler of it

[spoil]
Omega has just beaten Nakamura, who AJ failed to beat at WK10.

[/spoil]

EDIT: ofc this spoiler doesn't hide it. Meh.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Elgin always impresses.

How good was Yoshi on commentary.

Bobby Fish is still wearing his shirt.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Finally finished, damn that was enjoyable. Under card was really good, but those last 3 matches were insane. The striking in Shibata/Ishii was ridiculous, think my body hurts from watching it.

Final two matches just told great stories with unbelievable wrestling.

Commentary was meh, tough spot for Yoshi, almost wish I just listened to the Japanese commentators, but overall happy I signed up for the month of NJPW, great purchase.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I thought Striker was really good. I love the way it's presented as sport there and he does a great job of that. He also did a good job of trying to extract anything out of Yoshi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->