Proposal: NJD/WPG

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Not sure if Hellebuyck is available, it really all depends if WPG is considering a rebuild.

:devils
Connor Hellebuyck
Adam Lowry

:jets

Yegor Sharangovich
Michael McLeod/Pavel Zacha (RFA Rights)
Mackenzie Blackwood
2023 First Round Pick (Top 2 protected)

NJD gets the Goaltender they need (obviously the best player in the deal) and a big body on a bottom 6 role.

WPG gets someone who can easily score 25-30 goals a year to provide secondary scoring after Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, speedy bottom 6 role center and a very good face-off C or Zacha who can play a middle 6 and PK role, a capable goalie when healthy of being very good. and what I would project to be a mid 1st if everything works out as planned for the Devils to be competitive next year, but could very well be a top 10. They also receive a little over 5 million in cap relief to become more flexible to make other moves.

***Would be willing to move a LHD prospect instead of McLeod/Zacha if that works better for this trade.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Non Devil fans don't realize how good Sharangovich is, no way they'll accept a trade with him as the centerpiece but they absolutely should especially with only top 2 protection on the 1st.

As a Devils fan, I'd pass

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Non Devil fans don't realize how good Sharangovich is, no way they'll accept a trade with him as the centerpiece but they absolutely should especially with only top 2 protection on the 1st.

As a Devils fan, I'd pass

Yeah, I agree, I think this doesn't make much sense for either us or WPG. For us it could be another Schneider trade, while Jets are forced to rebuild after accepting this because how are they going to compete in Central Division without a goalie?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Yeah, I agree, I think this doesn't make much sense for either us or WPG. For us it could be another Schneider trade, while Jets are forced to rebuild after accepting this because how are they going to compete in Central Division without a goalie?

Unless Blackwood rebounds, and that would only make the deal worse for NJ

Reactions: hidek91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad