Proposal: NJD - TOR

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Devils are still building for the future with alot of really good pieces already on the team.
The leafs are at the stage where they can ad a significant piece for a strong playoff push.
The leafs could really use Zacha or wood to add to their lineup.

To
Toronto
Zacha or wood 25% retained

To
New Jersey
2021 1st
Hallander or Hirvonen
2nd 2022
Vesey to help with cap.

Would this work for the Devils ?

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Idk about those prospects but I do not want vesey. Wood and Zacha are two completely different players. Wood is a bull in a China shop and the only sandpaper grit we have and Zacha is a perfect compliment to other skill players in a top 6 but he is not exactly a line driver and thrives playing with other skill players. He is having his best season so far since we have drafted him.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
In what world are zacha OR wood worth a 1st+2nd+top org prospect + an nhl player (albeit not good at anything). Hard pass from Toronto, disgusting overpayment.

Reactions: Learntoread

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Blackwood or Hughes coming too for that price?

That's 3 pretty damn good pieces for what is essentially a middle six forward of which many were available in UFA for relatively cheap and will be again this summer.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Value is close but Devils need bodies, and both those guys are signed another year and seem to be developing nicely this year. Not that interested in moving either but this gets the FO's attention.

In what world are zacha OR wood worth a 1st+2nd+top org prospect + an nhl player (albeit not good at anything). Hard pass from Toronto, disgusting overpayment.

What comparable players can you find with cap hits under ~2 million for two years and RFAs as the end of it for less? Remember you are trading for contracts / players.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've been dying to get Zacha on the Oil as the 3C of our dreams (who can play up). I was pumping JP for Zacha for 2 years. Really happy to see Zacha finally doing well and catching on. The fact he's even suggested in a trade to a contender is encouraging! 23 and leads team in scoring right now:

upload_2021-3-3_19-58-36.png

Good contract too!

upload_2021-3-3_19-59-12.png

Just hope it wasn't a 10 game heater and he's finally found some consistency in his offence as he might be a good 2C on a stronger team as well. He used to be very good at the PK as well.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
not a devils fan, but I don't see why they would trade him. He's only 23 years old, leads the team in scoring. They devils have such a young team, he's part of the core if I'm the devils. Same for Wood, a nice high energy player who's only 25. I think the Devils are going to stick with their young core and build. They are going to let the younsters play in thist shorten year and see how they develop.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Obviously an overpayment, but honestly not by that much. Last year Blake Coleman got Vancouver's first plus Nolan Foote. Late first + B prospect is a fair deal for players that vastly outproduce their contract, and aren't upcoming UFAs.

Reactions: Playing With Fire

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Overpayment . Plus I’d like to keep both Zacha and Wood . Palms Gusev Butcher Zajac are only pieces I would want to be available

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Blackwood or Hughes coming too for that price?

That's 3 pretty damn good pieces for what is essentially a middle six forward of which many were available in UFA for relatively cheap and will be again this summer.
A very late first , a very late second , those prospects are not high end , vesey will be on waivers soon . You may be able to do a little better but let’s not get to carried away

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see a need to touch or get anything atm. Leave the locker room alone. Whatever it is we currently have, it's working.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Devils are still building for the future with alot of really good pieces already on the team.
The leafs are at the stage where they can ad a significant piece for a strong playoff push.

To
Toronto

To
New Jersey
2021 1st
Hallander or Hirvonen
2nd 2022
Vesey to help with cap.

Make it Zacha and it's done.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I don't think Zacha is very good. Think he finds himself down the lineup on a deep team. But who knows, my bias towards his "not good(ness)" goes back to the OHL days and maybe he's actually taken the needed step forward from his "I wouldn't have taken him there" draft status

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
It’s not really an over payment. That first is gonna be late picks 25-30 and same with the second pick. Not really interested in trading Zacha for a late first and late second picks as that doesn’t help njd now. Palms or Gusev could be had for a late first tho

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

To
Toronto

To
New Jersey
2021 1st
Hallander or Hirvonen
2nd 2022
Vesey to help with cap.

Overpayment, this is a deal we do after the expansion draft and for much less than proposed. We would have to protect Zacha which would mean that we would lose Holl.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Look at the deadline trades from tampa last year and you’ll get your answer
If you're referring to the Coleman and goodrow trades, it was a 1st and a b prospect and a 1st+an ahl'er respectively. Coleman being the better of the two was also coming off of back to back 20+ goal seasons playing primarily 5v5 and on the pk AND had a sub 2maav contract that extended beyond the year. Besides the point, both of those trades were an overpay, the ends justified the means but it also doesn't mean it was not an overpay.

Zacha and wood are fine players, but not worth anywhere near the op's ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->