Proposal: NJD - Tor

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'd do it. I think Wood would look on the wing with Tavares. I'd try to get Zacha over a 2nd rounder, but NJD probably say no

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I personally think Leafs could get a 2nd for Johnsson and leave it at that.

Would be beyond stupid to trade Dermott. Defenseman take time to develop

Devils don't need Johnsson for picks, though, Dermott is the main reason they love the deal. Getting rid of Woods is the 2nd main reason.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Devils don't need Johnsson for picks, though, Dermott is the main reason they love the deal. Getting rid of Woods is the 2nd main reason.

Yeah I get that, I guess if you call Wood for Johnsson even value than you value it at Dermott for a 2nd. Leafs spent a 2nd on drafting Dermott and developing him. It makes zero sense to toss him to the side for a pick

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Just want Dermott as a devils fan .
Replying to a previous post , Wood would not do good on Tavares’ line . Wood has zero hockey IQ . If he had any at all , he would not be traded as his speed and grit are amazing but he has no little to no hockey IQ at all .

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I think it's close but even with the log jam at LD, the Leafs probably shouldn't be including any defencemen in trades unless we are getting a upgrade at defence coming back.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Leafs need cap relief and the devils could use a good LW and LD.
To
New Jersey
Dermott
Johnson

Toronto
Wood
2021 2nd

Leafs shed cap and get a decent player and pick. Devils get a good LD and LW to add to their roster.
This works well if leafs are going after AP which apparently they are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad