Speculation: NJD Offseason Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Going to miss Larsson but I would have thought we included a 1st...wow straight up is very good value for Hall. Up front we are looking good! On D not so much now.

Group Chat Legend*

This is NOT GOOD FOR NJ. We now have NO DEFENSE for a WINGER

congrats we have become the Toronto Maple Leafs circa 2008.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
At the end of the day, a one for one swap is pretty darn good. Hall will help immensely. But losing Larsson sucks ass. Shero needs to bring in someone else this off-season, unless he really believes in Severson and Santini, less so the latter as it'll be his first year.

Group Chat Legend*

lol @ oiler fans being pissed off though..

give it a few months, they'll be cheering that they won this trade

They just got a top pair dman for a winger

Shero up to his old Pittsburgh antics of trading away every defender for offense.

Im officially fumed. This team is crap.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
One for one? You make that deal every time.

Larsson has a long way to go to reach the value Chiarelli placed on him in this deal.

Hall is already there.

Group Chat Legend*

This is a deal Shero had to make.

Good deal. Sad to see Adam go.

No it is not.

You dont trade top pair dman for a winger. This is a total crap trade and I will never be okay with it.

Once Larsson becomes a #1 everyone will realize how Chiarelli fleeced US, not the other way around

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Hall - Henrique - Palmieri does sound pretty great.

Going to miss Larsson though, they must really believe in Severson, Santini and Jacobs (or plan to acquire Shattenkirk/Demers or someone?).

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
At the end of the day, a one for one swap is pretty darn good. Hall will help immensely. But losing Larsson sucks ass. Shero needs to bring in someone else this off-season, unless he really believes in Severson and Santini, less so the latter as it'll be his first year.

This definitely reads like Santini is ready for some prime time. Hopefully a bounce back season from Merrill and step forward from Severson and we'll still be in a good spot.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
No it is not.

You dont trade top pair dman for a winger. This is a total crap trade and I will never be okay with it.

Once Larsson becomes a #1 everyone will realize how Chiarelli fleeced US, not the other way around

shero knows the hole we just opened up, and yes, it's gaping, but lets give him the offseason to address this

i'm glad i didn't buy a larsson jersey

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Larsson is incredible and I was so looking forward to watching the rest of his career as a Devils player. But this makes sense, and is a really good deal for us since it's one for one. Lest we forget a certain goalie that challenges for top 3 in the league. Team defense is one thing but where we falter Cory helps a ton, but he can't score goals. Taylor Hall can, in fact he does so very well.

I'm in a glass case of emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->