Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Wow, what are the oilers thinking? Hall is just coming into his own and had a great world championship. Devils fans have been debating on whether Larsson can be officially labeled as a bust. He's decent but HALL!!?? I guess Dan Girardi can get back Draitsal now.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I think it's Hilarious anyone could say Hall is a dime-a-dozen. Hall is in the 95% percentile for LW's maybe higher, Larsson probably falls somewhere in the 50-60% percentile for D-Men in terms of proven ability.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Well, that ends the nonsense that Hall was actually worth a legit #1. Once again, the majority was correct.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oilers just got robbed! Larsson is a good player, but it's still highway robbery. Hilarious to see all the past proposals Oilers fans turned down for Hall that were 3x the return.

Really . I did not think it matter what fans said . I am an Oiler fan who wanted Hall traded for D 2 years ago . Teams trading a top pairing RHD will dictate the price .

I am one of very few Oilers fans who is happy with the trade . The name on the back of the Jersey does not matter . It the logo on the front . We are a better team today because of it and we are saving cap space to make other moves

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Three right-handed defensemen were traded today and Chiarelli got the worst one

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Nothing against Larsson, but I feel really bad for Oiler fans.

I think Hall is maybe a little overrated, but I think he should have brought more back than just Larsson.

But, in the end, your d is better now than it was, and that makes your team better.

If you are, or have ever been, in any type of management position with the Bruins, it seems like they see the world totally differently than the rest of the hockey world.

It's baffling.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If it's one for one, it's one of the most horribly one-sided traded in many years.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
This thread is proof that most people here don't know what they're talking about when they talk about NJ.

The value is off, but this is a far more sensible hockey trade than people, especially EDM fans, want to acknowledge. Both teams got better.

Edmonton addressed an area of need, and improved, no doubt.
It's just Hall is simply a better player than Larsson (it seemed, though not to these GMs) and I for one am confused why even a small plus wasn't added.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Have you watched any nhl last few years??

All those players do the same thing as Hall which is create offence literally that's all Hall does anything else he's useless.

Do you understand how championship teams are formed not with 6 skill forwards and no defense.

Your out of your mind.

Hall-McDavid-Pulijuarvi could've taken the league by STORM for the next 5-10 years.

Larsson is not the god you're chalking him up to be in fact, he's played in 274 career games and no i'm too impressed with him. #3 at best on a contender.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Really . I did not think it matter what fans said . I am an Oiler fan who wanted Hall traded for D 2 years ago . Teams trading a top pairing RHD will dictate the price .

I am one of very few Oilers fans who is happy with the trade . The name on the back of the Jersey does not matter . It the logo on the front . We are a better team today because of it and we are saving cap space to make other moves

I give you credit McSuper, I know you were one of the few that was reasonable regarding all of this.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is exactly what I expected Hall to be traded for. A young, but potentially top tier, defender, no pluses, or extras, or anything else.

This deal helps both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad