Waived: [NJD] Devils place Cory Schneider on waivers (cleared)

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Safe to say now that Vancouver won the trade?
Regardless, Schneider was a decent goalie in the first few years of his career with Vancouver and New Jersey but he’s fallen off a cliff due to injuries
There's always that one person that has to take the moral high ground just to make sure that their side won the trade.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It was a fine trade in a vacuum. But Lou was really losing it towards the end there and had no awareness and a horrible read on where the Devils were. This really just delayed the inevitable, due to horrible drafting and personnel decisions the talent was barren and the Devils were on the verge of needing a full overhaul and rebuild. Just delusional to think trading a top 10 pick for a goalie was what the franchise needed at that point in time.
Definitely Lou made a very bad read on the situation. But speaking of being delusional, every fan base on HFB is worse in this regards. Yours for example is claiming for the unofficial title of the FASTEST REBUILD because of .... . I actually don't know why? You may explain.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Honestly never would have it thought given the hype and excitement for Schneider only a few years ago, NJ was meant to be his “big break” and now it’s turned to this.

Major injuries and no win for a year will do that.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Definitely Lou made a very bad read on the situation. But speaking of being delusional, every fan base on HFB is worse in this regards. Yours for example is claiming for the unofficial title of the FASTEST REBUILD because of .... . I actually don't know why? You may explain.

No he didn't. You're only using hindsight management experience to make this comment. You're implying that Lou should have known he'd be injured.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Just crazy how quickly Schneider fell from grace. He was legitimately among the elite few for a while. And you'd have thought his slow roll to the NHL and limited duties early behind Luongo would've leant itself toward some extended longenvity by "saving mileage". But i think instead, it just goes to show that every body is different in when it peaks...and some guys can just completely fall off a cliff at any moment, with enough serious injuries and surgies.

Really sucks to see his career end this way. He'll always been one of the biggest "what its" to me. He took his darn sweet time coming up through the system in Vancouver and was then absolutely dominant for a while, but blocked behind Luongo. Showed a lot of that promise in Jersey...and then just...ended up broken.

Brightest stars burn the shortest or whatever.

Fortunately, he always seemed like a pretty bright guy, and has a background in relevant fields to continue on with what he was doing with the NHLPA as a rep, even after he's basically early-retired. Between the money made, and the obvious soft landing spots available to a guy with his credentials...i think he'll be okay. Just doesn't make it any less sad to see his career tailspin off into a dumpster like this.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That's like the only trade the Canucks have ever won. Give us our moment goddammit.

Yeah, not like we they stole Luongo which essentially changed the entire culture for the next decade. Every team has winners and loser trades. The Canucks are no different.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This guy really fell from grace. Many had him as a top goalie in the league for a while. To see him now on waivers is quite a fall down the goalie ladder. I don't know if a team will pick him up.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

I don't think they are but if they are then the answer is because they're idiots or just a little too excited mister TBF, sir.

There's another big name goalie from the past ~15 years that a certain fanbase was quite arrogant about who never has and never will win a cup. There's even a chance he was never what one would describe as humble.

I can't quite recall his name at the moment. Perhaps you can help a brother out?
As you can see here TBF...every fanbase has it's share of people all too willing to embarrass themselves with idiotic nonsensical posts.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Where am i taking pleasure snowflake? I pointed out that the devils were never competitive with him and without him they would have had a 9th overall in their depth pool and possibly some other higher up draft picks. If facts are hard for you to handle stay off the internet.
Snowflake has become the new "Hitler" or hipster. You lose by default because it's a sad deflection. Either way, Jersey boy (though I'll admit there's a probable chance you're Staten) 9th OA and some higher up draft picks? Put down the pipe wrench or your "uncles" books and have a quick gander at the far too many top draft picks the pride of the Hudson have had.

Enjoy Laine 2.0 and family dinner with fish salad. Tell Stephanie I said what's up while you're at it.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It was a fine trade in a vacuum. But Lou was really losing it towards the end there and had no awareness and a horrible read on where the Devils were. This really just delayed the inevitable, due to horrible drafting and personnel decisions the talent was barren and the Devils were on the verge of needing a full overhaul and rebuild. Just delusional to think trading a top 10 pick for a goalie was what the franchise needed at that point in time.

Schneider looked like a top 5 goalie in the league at the time.

And much to the chagrin of Devils fans, he's (Lou) making both franchises in his immediate proximity look like assholes right about now.

A loser franchise with no real home and who was supposed to be reeling from losing a top flight centerman.

This is the man putting the rags and Devils to shame right now. It hurts my soul.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->