Proposal: Njd-ana

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
jesus that escalated quickly

Not really. This isn't the first NJD-ANA proposal involving Fowler.

I completely understand if Devil fans wouldn't want to involve Zacha. In their shoes I probably wouldn't. But from Anaheim's perspective, the return for Fowler has to be worth the loss. Not only that, but it needs to make sense in the long-term for the team. Cammalleri might qualify for the former, but with him being 34 years old already, and only signed one year longer than Fowler, he falls well short of the latter.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
fair enough. Don't see NJ being able to offer any team anything but reasonably valuable futures. Devils are probablybest off just sucking for another year

Talec

Jun 18, 2016
Boucher or Blandisi for Despres

Change or to & then I'd probably say yes.

Michael Cammalleri, Josh Jacobs and a fourth round pick for Cam Fowler and a 7th rounder

Sound off

I can't see us going after Cammalleri. While we'd like a proven top 6 LW like Cammalleri I think he'd have a similar issue that Hagelin had on our team (similar to the trade talk of Ennis for Fowler). Plus he hasn't played 70+ games in a season since 08-09 and only 3 times in his career. Also our GM has stated multiple times that we are trying to get younger.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ducks need a top 6 winger, ideally on a favourable contract. Don't see this meeting their needs.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Michael Cammalleri, Josh Jacobs and a fourth round pick for Cam Fowler and a 7th rounder

Sound off

So a 34 year old smaller player who has injury problems causing him to miss a lot of games and makes 5 million a year for 3 more years along with a defenseman prospect we don't need (we have a strong defenseman prospect pool) and a 4th rounder for a good young NHL defenseman and a 7th round pick nooooooooooooo.

Ok. So Boucher/Blandisi + 2017 1st for Cam Fowler

We are a win now team we need a good win now piece if we are trading Fowler this doesn't have such a piece.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
If a LW were the need would there also be a need for a D man (rostered, not AHl or prospect) going the other way to replace Fowler?
If Fowler was moved

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If a LW were the need would there also be a need for a D man (rostered, not AHl or prospect) going the other way to replace Fowler?
If Fowler was moved

Without Fowler, we still have Lindholm, Vatanen, Manson and Despres who have all shown they can handle top 4 minutes. Plus as tomd said there's also Theodore, who could hopefully rise to that level in the near future, if not this season. Beyond that even we have some very intriguing young D with high end potential.

With all that in place, plus the factor of the looming expansion draft, it wouldn't make sense to take back a roster Dman in a Fowler trade. Forward(s) all the way.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zacha just isn't realistically available

I just don't think these 2 teams are good trading partners. Anaheim wants a young top 6 forward and the Devils don't really have any of those to spare, unless you consider Reid Boucher or Joe Blandisi one (I don't, at least not yet).

what the Devils can offer currently are picks and prospects, and that doesn't really help what Anaheim needs currently

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Zacha just isn't realistically available

I just don't think these 2 teams are good trading partners. Anaheim wants a young top 6 forward and the Devils don't really have any of those to spare, unless you consider Reid Boucher or Joe Blandisi one (I don't, at least not yet).

what the Devils can offer currently are picks and prospects, and that doesn't really help what Anaheim needs currently

What you say definitely holds true in regards to a Fowler trade.

I'd still say the teams could very well line up on a more minor deal. The Devils need blue line help and have some pretty nice depth on the wing. The Ducks are very short on wingers and are swimming in defensive depth.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
What you say definitely holds true in regards to a Fowler trade.

I'd still say the teams could very well line up on a more minor deal. The Devils need blue line help and have some pretty nice depth on the wing. The Ducks are very short on wingers and are swimming in defensive depth.

Despres would be the defenseman best suited to trade. He still holds value because he is a good defenseman but he has health concerns because of concussions. I just don't know what Devils would trade for him assuming they would take risk to trade for him.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Whichever way NJ chooses to go, it is painfully obvious that they desperately need a puck moving D who can anchor the PP. Such a player will not come cheap either via trade or free agency.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Whichever way NJ chooses to go, it is painfully obvious that they desperately need a puck moving D who can anchor the PP. Such a player will not come cheap either via trade or free agency.

I'd like to see them trade for Derek Pouliot from Pitt
Since adding Russell there has been talk that he could be moved
He's young and unproven but could turn into what we are looking for
Problem would then be who do you expose to Vegas? Plus he's in division so there's that.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'd like to see them trade for Derek Pouliot from Pitt
Since adding Russell there has been talk that he could be moved
He's young and unproven but could turn into what we are looking for
Problem would then be who do you expose to Vegas? Plus he's in division so there's that.

Maybe you mean Schultz instead of Russell?

Pouliot I think is still a very unproven commodity and only in the very best of cases would he be a mainstay contributor this year. The bust potential is still strong in him.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Maybe you mean Schultz instead of Russell?

Pouliot I think is still a very unproven commodity and only in the very best of cases would he be a mainstay contributor this year. The bust potential is still strong in him.

Yes, Schultz thx
Agreed, seems like Pitt has a short leash on him based on what I have read on pens fans pgs/beat writers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad