Confirmed with Link: (NJ/WPG) Miller to WPG for 2026 4th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
Umm. Sorry but are you looking to be outrageous as possible? I'll bite.

Allen is a better goalie then we have on our team, got him at half price for 1 full season.

Miller was ok but nothing special. He was never going to get more than anything we got. We traded a 5th for him and now traded him for a 4th.

Toffoli trade you can say it wasnt great but it wasn't horrible either. Labeling him our top goal scorer when you know it won't make a damn difference to sink our team if he is gone. The team will get more production from Meier with Meier on PP now.
this is a more measured outlook... we need goalies that have. proven they can at least play in this league.. would have liked much more for Taffoli... however he needed to go and glad fitz didn't sign him.....miller for a 4th... prob not a great move for the rest of this year but who cares... if miller is a key piece next year we were in trouble anyway.... I grade C plus ... did what needed to be done.... now we can see a little of dawes.. without killing him

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
coaches did too apparently

This was the most hilarious waiver pickup ever. I can't remember another player in a situation like this on the devils for a long time.

Guy hasn't even been given 1 game. Truly funny in a comedic sense although not sure desimone sees it that way.

Coaches must see something we don't. He didn't even make it in there when we had back-to-backs.

gonna miss his shot

I'm sure the forwards are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have to doge wild killshots!

Nico's, Timo and Bastian's face is probably happy to know it won't need surgery this season from a wild 100mph clappper

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I don't mind the trade by itself. But if you prioritized getting a goalie for this year instead of just waiting for the offseason where you have several other goalies become available, why did you then trade a reliable middle-bottom pairing defenseman for basically free?

Either you think the goalie helps the math enough with the little season you have left to maybe sneak into the playoffs, or you think the playoffs aren't happening so you give away your minutes-eating defenseman for a ham sandwich. Those two thoughts should have been mutually exclusive.

It could in theory. I don't believe or have enough faith we can do it, but if they actually do claw back to close spot, these goalie move could help us. We have a lot of D depth in waiting. Hatakka looked great in his call up. Most of us were pissed he got sent back down.

Miller wasn't bad at all, but we actually flipped him for a higher pick than acquired.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Higher pick is better. Yes. This is just true.

1. You can pick a better player in the draft.

2. The pick has more value in a trade, which may be very pertinent to the Devils to acquiring an impact player.

I would like to see the young players play with some structure down the stretch, but winning accomplishes absolutely nothing. Really, it's a net negative at this point.

It's just not true. The much more important thing is the value of every player on the roster now, each of which is damaged by losses in two ways -

1: lack of confidence which may result in poorer play

2: confusion in management as to what players' value may or may not be

This latter thing being most important. Teams make panic moves based on unexpected bad results all the time, and the Devils have to avoid this.

The Devils are in 11th draft position and they can really only realistically drop to 9th - Montreal is 8 points behind them in 8th.

Winning is more much important. Get guys feeling better about their games heading into the offseason.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I once bought a car for $4k. After driving it for about 3 years and putting about 50k miles on it I sold it for $3.5k. I basically drove it for the cost of insurance and gas. That’s a great return on a car. Adding a defender for a fifth driving him for 50 or so games and then selling him on for a fourth is a great return on a defender. NJ basically drove Miller for his in season checks. Beyond that I wish all the former Devils well in their new homes.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's just not true. The much more important thing is the value of every player on the roster now, each of which is damaged by losses in two ways -

1: lack of confidence which may result in poorer play

2: confusion in management as to what players' value may or may not be

This latter thing being most important. Teams make panic moves based on unexpected bad results all the time, and the Devils have to avoid this.

The Devils are in 11th draft position and they can really only realistically drop to 9th - Montreal is 8 points behind them in 8th.

Winning is more much important. Get guys feeling better about their games heading into the offseason.
Winning too much will ensure Travis Green gets significant consideration for the HC gig. That is a disastrous outcome.

If you think Fitz is not a dummy, then point #2 isn't really an issue. If you think he's an idiot, perhaps it is. I'm not that terrified of point #1 either. Next season is a refresh. Reload in the offseason, get an entirely new coaching staff, come in with a clean slate.

I wouldn't mind bringing miller back in off-season if there is room to or reason to, but to act like this is not expected and terrible is hilarious to me.
Apparently we need Miller because winning as many games as possible now to finish 9th in the East is of the utmost importance.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I once bought a car for $4k. After driving it for about 3 years and putting about 50k miles on it I sold it for $3.5k. I basically drove it for the cost of insurance and gas. That’s a great return on a car. Adding a defender for a fifth driving him for 50 or so games and then selling him on for a fourth is a great return on a defender. NJ basically drove Miller for his in season checks. Beyond that I wish all the former Devils well in their new homes.
Back over 20 years ago, Lou gave up a 3rd for Esa Tikkanen, then like a couple weeks later traded him for a 2nd. Nice upgrade there.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Winning too much will ensure Travis Green gets significant consideration for the HC gig. That is a disastrous outcome.

If you think Fitz is not a dummy, then this point is not an issue.

If you think Fitz is not a dummy, then point #2 isn't really an issue. If you think he's an idiot, perhaps it is. I'm not that terrified of point #1 either. Next season is a refresh. Reload in the offseason, get an entirely new coaching staff, come in with a clean slate.

I think anyone can overreact to a season like this. Finishing reasonably strong helps avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad