Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
objects-in-mir30r-are-closer-than-they-appear-objects-may-2918010.png

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If you have numbers that say TJ is awful 5v5 then I say your numbers are not worth anything. Watch what he does on the boards, back checking, playing wing/center in the same game. He created that fourth goal tonight 5v5. And he works every game.
So does Hagelin. Sure, he's a gamer but it's not as noticeable and I wonder if this isn't the first of several steps from being a top six mainstay. His effort and defense are still mostly there but the game is getting a bit fast for him and given their overall lack of pace and pending cap crunch they may not be able to have a high risk tolerance. If his 5-on-5 production doesn't bounce back at some point this season it may be time to consider a Niskanen type cautionary trade (or making him the expansion sacrifice). His 5-on-5 goals per 60 are below Jensen, Hagelin & Panik. It's the very worst among forward regulars. He's got more to his game than goals but if he's more of a third-liner it's fair to wonder if that's a strong fit going forward.

Playing center sure doesn't help but I don't think it's just that. He just seems to chase the game more and more, which is probably inevitable, and he's less and less disruptive IMO. Still helpful but helpful to the point where he stays and Vrana goes? Maybe both go depending on how things play out but at this stage both need to establish more consistent value. Good on Laviolette for sort of manufacturing top six alternatives. That's good coaching and long-term should help to get the most out of everyone.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
TJ Oshie is not going to continue shooting 4.5% at 5v5. He’s doing well, and the points at 5v5 will indeed come (assuming he moves back to the wing when Eller is back).

Though I’m not going to predict he’s going to score at the clip Kuznetsov is scoring, because Kuznetsov has been a legit force at 5v5 all season while Oshie has been merely very good.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
COVID? You don’t need to say. But happy you are ok

Complications stemming from diabetes and being an idiot.. DKA attack diabetic ketoacidosis.. from rationing insulin.. eating taco bell lol.. started drinking a little again going out with friends.. just really had cabin fever..

But haven't been feeling well for a bit now. And then it all hit me like a freight train. Puking coffee grind blood.. trouble breathing because it felt like lungs were collapsing.. seizure type movements.. chest burning because body pH level was super acidic.. the works..

Hey you asked... and yes I'm an idiot lol..

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Lavi gives some sage wisdom. If you are doing the right things, stick with it and the results will come.

On Ovie:

“There was times a few weeks ago when the goals still might not have been coming, but there was a lot of attempts, there was a lot of shots, there was games where he left where he could have had two or three and didn't happen,” Laviolette said. “That usually tells you that it's probably going to happen soon. And so he just stuck with it. It's really noticeable right now his contributions.”

Reactions: crab and Firsov99

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Complications stemming from diabetes and being an idiot.. DKA attack diabetic ketoacidosis.. from rationing insulin.. eating taco bell lol.. started drinking a little again going out with friends.. just really had cabin fever..

But haven't been feeling well for a bit now. And then it all hit me like a freight train. Puking coffee grind blood.. trouble breathing because it felt like lungs were collapsing.. seizure type movements.. chest burning because body pH level was super acidic.. the works..

Wow! Glad you are alright.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Amigo. Happy you are ok. Life can hit you hard. Live and learn and don’t repeat. That’s what matters.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I know. Its just hard when everything you love in life gets taken away from you. I sound like a baby right now though haha. But they will never take away my Caps!
No one judges. Sure shouldn’t.

had a year (2007) where I lost my marriage, career, and got cancer. All one year. Thought that was the worst. But I beat it.

lost my best friend and only brother to an out of the blue heart attack (younger than me to boot) in 2018 — after we were lucky enough to witness our first and only Caps Cup w my even younger sister. Survived that too.

shit happens, yes?

anyway, we can PM. Don’t mean to overtake this game thread.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Nick Jensen and Zdeno Chara posting a totally normal 97% xGF% tonight.

Vrana also with a solid outing tonight after a few disappointing performances in a row recently.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Yikes! Glad you're ok. Take care of yourself!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I like this team. Chemistry is the word.

Kuzya and Ovi seems to find their chemistry again.
73 19 43 have it too.
You don't break that 4th line.

Vrana Eller Oshie can be a very good 3rd line. Osh and Tiger are 2 smart players they'll find chemistry together.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Those things you did...do not do them.

You're welcome. That'll be $2,205

-Dr. g00n

/glad you're ok

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So does Hagelin. Sure, he's a gamer but it's not as noticeable and I wonder if this isn't the first of several steps from being a top six mainstay. His effort and defense are still mostly there but the game is getting a bit fast for him and given their overall lack of pace and pending cap crunch they may not be able to have a high risk tolerance. If his 5-on-5 production doesn't bounce back at some point this season it may be time to consider a Niskanen type cautionary trade (or making him the expansion sacrifice). His 5-on-5 goals per 60 are below Jensen, Hagelin & Panik. It's the very worst among forward regulars. He's got more to his game than goals but if he's more of a third-liner it's fair to wonder if that's a strong fit going forward.

Playing center sure doesn't help but I don't think it's just that. He just seems to chase the game more and more, which is probably inevitable, and he's less and less disruptive IMO. Still helpful but helpful to the point where he stays and Vrana goes? Maybe both go depending on how things play out but at this stage both need to establish more consistent value. Good on Laviolette for sort of manufacturing top six alternatives. That's good coaching and long-term should help to get the most out of everyone.
If you want to think of Oshie and Hagelin being about the same at even strength go ahead. To me they aren’t even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad