Proposal: Nj - sj

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
That's your response when you're throwing Larsson around? Larsson, who has a career high in points equal to what Burns did this past playoff, and doesn't know what it means to win a playoff series AND with a career point total that is less than what Burns did last season but yeah I guess he can enjoy his visit with the Stanley Cup too...oh wait. That's so dumb.

It was sarcastic (didn't think I needed to explain that, guess I did) Sort of like this:
"I wouldn't trade Burns for Hall and your next 5 1sts."
See sarcasm

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It was sarcastic (didn't think I needed to explain that, guess I did) Sort of like this:
"I wouldn't trade Burns for Hall and your next 5 1sts."
See sarcasm

Difference is that with Bizz it isn't sarcastic and either way even if it is sarcastic, it doesn't make it any less true that it was also dumb. Especially when your more serious responses don't seem to involve a lot of visual evidence to support what you're saying.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
EDIT: Just read the "We should all move on." So nothing to see here.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't agree with that. They have a nice young core and solid veteran players to back them up. Not a big fan of Deboer but he is a great coach.

The Sharks have a nice group of young and prime-aged players, but the Sharks window of contention starts and ends with one guy: Joe Thornton. As soon as Thornton ceases to be a top-10 center in the league, the a Sharks are done contending. There's some wiggle room since he's currently the 2nd best center in the league, but you never know when (if) he'll fall off a cliff; ergo, every season is essentially our "last season" to contend. Or at least it must be treated like that.

Last edited:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Burns is great and I understand why SJ don't do this but I don't want to do this as a Devils fan. Stay the course not trade away the farm for guy over 30.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The way Burns played last year in the playoffs I wouldn't have traded Larsson for Burns straight up!
You can keep your bearded freak, I won't mind

Burns was great on both sides of the puck during the playoffs, so your comment doesn't make much sense. He was 2nd in points out of all players - not just D, all players - and played excellent D (3rd in +- if you care for that stat).

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I guess he can enjoy his visit with the Stanley Cup.... oh wait

Very silly response. He was a big part of getting that team where they got and your acting like he was the reason they didn't win the cup.
As a King fan I would love to see him moved to the east as that would make the Sharks a much worse team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad