Proposal: NJ/FLA

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
:devils
Spencer Knight
Mark Pysyk ($2.73M)
2020 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)

- Devils get Blue Chip Goalie Prospect and a draft pick while taking on Pysyk for cap reasons and defensive depth.

:panthers
Taylor Hall (50% Retention = $3M)

- Florida rounds out their top 6. Hall-Barkov-Dadanov as a top line would be pretty unreal to go into the playoffs with.

Thoughts?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If it came with a reasonable extension (extremely unlikely) this is an easy yes despite it not filling a need. It doesn't so it's an easy pass.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
HUBERDEAU-Barkov-Dadonov is a very formidable top line, lol. And where do we get the money to re-sign him? Just let both Dad and Hoffman walk who’ve shown great chemistry with the core?

this was brought up not long ago, just stop. It’s not going to happen with Spencer Knight my involved, and forward isn’t our biggest area of need, either.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
HUBERDEAU-Barkov-Dadonov is a very formidable top line, lol. And where do we get the money to re-sign him? Just let both Dad and Hoffman walk who’ve shown great chemistry with the core?

this was brought up not long ago, just stop. It’s not going to happen with Spencer Knight my involved, and forward isn’t our biggest area of need, either.
Hall>>>>Dadonov or Hoffman, but this isn't happening for a myriad of reasons.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hall>>>>Dadonov or Hoffman, but this isn't happening for a myriad of reasons.

Not my point, but I agree. You also take away a lot of firepower from two guys, and further complicate the cap once Barkov, Huberdeau, ans Trocheck are ready for renewals. I get that a lot will happen between now and then with the cap, but I don’t see them targeting Hall.

Nor do I see Hall getting what Devils keep hoping for.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Not my point, but I agree. You also take away a lot of firepower from two guys, and further complicate the cap once Barkov, Huberdeau, ans Trocheck are ready for renewals. I get that a lot will happen between now and then with the cap, but I don’t see them targeting Hall.

Nor do I see Hall getting what Devils keep hoping for.
One of Hoffman or Dadonov will have to go after this season. Both will be expecting hefty raises. In a NHL20 world, I can see the argument made where it makes sense to bring in Hall and let both Dadonov and Hoffman walk on July 1st.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
One of Hoffman or Dadonov will have to go after this season. Both will be expecting hefty raises. In a NHL20 world, I can see the argument made where it makes sense to bring in Hall and let both Dadonov and Hoffman walk on July 1st.
Won’t happen, and I’m not completely sold on one of them being gone. Well just have to wait and see.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
As Montsy said, doesn't feel a need, we're 4th in GPG right now and the PP is 7th.

Makes little sense for FLA, we need a defensive defenseman more than a top 6 winger.

well then it makes perfect sense, hall isn’t scoring too many goals right now :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad