Value of: NJ Devils Veterans

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Kyle Palmieri - 2nd + mid-level prospect. A good penalty killer would be a start. Probably holds the most value out of this sad sack.
Ryan Murray - What we paid for him, probably a 4th at very best. Injury history majorly drains his value.
Nikita Gusev - Maaaybe a 2nd, if a GM believes he fits their team. Would need to be a supplementary piece, not a play driver. Realistically a 3rd.
Travis Zajac - Full NTC, we're likely stuck with him. Love the guy, but he just isn't NHL calibre any more. Maybe he can be convinced to join a contender. 4-5th + prospect.
Sami Vatanen - 3rd rounder based on past play? Maybe you get a GM to give up a prospect with some upside left.
Dmitri Kulikov - Based on his play, easily worth a 2nd. Not likely to actually get that though... Same as Vatanen.
PK Subban (another year) - Woof. Can't see it. Mainly because I think our staff still see him as a valuable piece who's down on his luck. In reality, immovable.

I make every single one of these trades if I'm offered. Fitzgerald has a huge task on his hands.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Last year was the year to make an offer for Wood I imagine. He’s been awesome this season.
Would do
2nd + Bjork (awesome penalty killer lots of upside) to rent Palmieri.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Kyle Palmieri - 2nd + mid-level prospect. A good penalty killer would be a start. Probably holds the most value out of this sad sack.
Ryan Murray - What we paid for him, probably a 4th at very best. Injury history majorly drains his value.
Nikita Gusev - Maaaybe a 2nd, if a GM believes he fits their team. Would need to be a supplementary piece, not a play driver. Realistically a 3rd.
Travis Zajac - Full NTC, we're likely stuck with him. Love the guy, but he just isn't NHL calibre any more. Maybe he can be convinced to join a contender. 4-5th + prospect.
Sami Vatanen - 3rd rounder based on past play? Maybe you get a GM to give up a prospect with some upside left.
Dmitri Kulikov - Based on his play, easily worth a 2nd. Not likely to actually get that though... Same as Vatanen.
PK Subban (another year) - Woof. Can't see it. Mainly because I think our staff still see him as a valuable piece who's down on his luck. In reality, immovable.

I make every single one of these trades if I'm offered. Fitzgerald has a huge task on his hands.

I think this is a realistic post regarding the trade value of these players. Fitzy should absolutely look at moving any or all of these players. If we want them back in the offseason, you make a UFA offer.

It's clear that the young guys on the team need some new veteran leadership, vets who know how to win. The vets we have, outside of Zajac and Subban have never experienced winning and it's a huge problem. We need to change the losing culture we have developed. The effort is there this year, the young guys are improving but the leadership group needs to change.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm a little surprised that Seaverson is on your untouchable list because I'm not convinced that he actually is.

Also Surprised you haven't listed Miles Wood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad