NJ Devils for sale (mod: Brick City minority interest)

Jaysfanatic*

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski
Via Lepore and OMG. RT @MicheleSteele NHL's Devils for sale - Devils owner Vanderbeek has hired Moag & Co to oversee sale

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Steele is Bloomberg reporter.

Original (unedited) tweet: BREAKING: NHL's Devils for sale - person familiar tells Bberg News Devils owner Vanderbeek has hired Moag & Co to oversee sale

No stories yet.

GM17*

NJ's arena has a lower capacity which leads to misleading ideas about their attendance. It's not great, but it's far from poor.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Shame the credit market is rather weak at the moment.

Kovalchuk could've potentially purchased the team.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Since the timing is appropriate I'll paraphrase Yogi Berra...."It's Groundhog Day all over again!"

Gary Bettman will announce shortly: "Another team for sale just means that there's a HUGE demand for teams
and it doesn't mean that the present owners are trying to dump'em"

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
NJ is one of the teams that I would actually buy. THey will be sold before Atlanta, Phoenix, NYI and all of the ohters imo.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
So someone tell me... Is this a buyers market or a sellers market for NHL teams?

:amazed: Soon it will be half the teams that have been on the market since the Lockout. Why are so many owners looking to get out? Do they see a bad future ahead, or have they already lost too much, or have they already made money and want to walk away, or have many of them been struggling in their other business ventures and can no longer afford to be sports franchise owners?

Last edited:

Fugu

This certainly adds some support to the rumor that Vanderbeek pushed hard for Kovalchuk because he was trying to sell the team to Prokhorov (Nets' new owner).

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/12/14...devils-to-prokhorov-signed-kovalcuk-to-entice

EDIT: I would assume that if Vanderbeek is sending out letters soliciting offers, any negotiations with Prokhorov failed or he is looking to drive up the price.

I was about to quip, "Good show on Vanderbeek after saddling the franchise with a 15 yr, $100m contract (or whatever the final figure turned out to be). Seeing how it's front-loaded after the first two years...... no wonder he wants out. :) [$6m first two yrs, then $11m+ for the next six....]

FWIW, by my count, there are nine (US) NHL teams for sale (wholly or partially).

Why not list them since someone will ask. (And you can link to your nifty chart in the data thread.)
:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad