Proposal: NJ - DET

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Don’t know much about Mueller, but I was a big fan of Biega and his physicality on the back end for the wings this season. He plays really hard nosed hockey, especially for a smaller guy.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Don’t know much about Mueller, but I was a big fan of Biega and his physicality on the back end for the wings this season. He plays really hard nosed hockey, especially for a smaller guy.

Well, Mueller looks like he could play a physical game at 6'3, 210+ pounds.

So that's something.

Reactions: 13to40

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
NJ trades: Mirco Mueller (rights)
DET trades: Alex Biega

LD for RD swap between two worst defences in NHL. Is it fair?

Pass. Wings have depth guys at LD in GR, and will likely try to give Cholowski another look. Mueller doesn't upgrade what they have and no longer has the "untapped potential" like a guy like fabbri did to drive a deal. If you want Biega, personally, offer a pick and he's yours.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Really? I thought he was one of our worst guys on the blueline.

He brings a bit of a mean edge which not many others bring on an otherwise very soft and brittle backend. Hopefully Mo can help add some more sandpaper on the backend within the next few seasons.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Pass. Wings have depth guys at LD in GR, and will likely try to give Cholowski another look. Mueller doesn't upgrade what they have and no longer has the "untapped potential" like a guy like fabbri did to drive a deal. If you want Biega, personally, offer a pick and he's yours.

We are rebuilding too so can't really offer draft picks for d-man like Biega.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He brings a bit of a mean edge which not many others bring on an otherwise very soft and brittle backend. Hopefully Mo can help add some more sandpaper on the backend within the next few seasons.

Yeah, but he is slow and out of position and overall just not good at anything else! Ericsson had edge too, doesn't mean I want him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad