Proposal: NJ - CAR

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
While we’re throwing different ideas out there. What would NJ want for Gusev?

I think Gusev is a guy that 100% gets moved at the deadline if he gets moved. I think the idea behind him is that he's not going to be worse, and during that time it allows him to get more of a track record to support what he is, so his value will only increase from it's current standing.

Reactions: deflowd

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think Gusev is a guy that 100% gets moved at the deadline if he gets moved. I think the idea behind him is that he's not going to be worse, and during that time it allows him to get more of a track record to support what he is, so his value will only increase from it's current standing.

Well we’d love to get him for the full year but I get your position on it. If Carolina did trade for him they’d probably want to get a contract extension in place as well.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Well we’d love to get him for the full year but I get your position on it. If Carolina did trade for him they’d probably want to get a contract extension in place as well.
I’m not sure which route Carolina goes but would he be one of the 8 players protected in expansion draft? Staal,Aho,Andrei Svechnikov,Teravainen,Slavin,Skjei,Pesce,Hamilton(pending contract)

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Gusev is exempt
Thanks two year pro exemption. I wasn’t sure when Vegas signed him to a deal back in 2018 playoff run if that counted. I still see Devils keeping him until deadline but the option for a team to extend him helps them and his value.Teams have been leaning towards that in last 2 deadlines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->