GDT: NJ @ CAR: IT'S NEVAH OVAH

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
They had a Canes powerfail. Gave up a shorty and then at the end of the PF, guy comes out of the box and scores another on a breakaway. 1-1 game became 3-1 just like that.
Good, good. Excellent

giphy.gif

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Anaheim up on CBJ 3-1 after 2.
Looks like will Columbus lose. Down 4-1 now with less than 4 minutes to play.

Last wild card spot in the Eastern Conference:
hot_potato_olafspeier.jpg

We need to work on our ROWs though. Currently 3 ROWs behind both Columbus and Florida. I have a feeling we could see a tie for the last spot, maybe even a 3 way. :naughty:

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I never understand ROW. Someone please explain to me how we are ahead of the Jackets when we have the same amount of games played, but they have 3 more regulation wins than us? Not complaining, but I think the team with the less loser points should be the team ahead in the standings.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
I never understand ROW. Someone please explain to me how we are ahead of the Jackets when we have same games played, but they have 3 more regulation wins than us? Not complaining, but I think the team with the less loser points should be the team ahead.
We won the season series against Columbus. We went 2-0-2 against them. They went 2-2-0 against us.

OTL points boyeee!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I never understand ROW. Someone please explain to me how we are ahead of the Jackets when we have the same amount of games played, but they have 3 more regulation wins than us? Not complaining, but I think the team with the less loser points should be the team ahead in the standings.
We are actually tied with them in ROWs. My mistake. I accidentally attributed the Devils 29 ROWs to Columbus.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm not going to say I'm believing in the team again just yet but.. check out the devils schedule the rest of March. Much more faith in the Canes passing NJ and CBJ at this point then I am in them outscoring Florida the rest of the way due to the 3 games in hand and their schedule. Here's the Devils schedule View attachment 101873

The opponent Above or Even/Below NHL .500 split for New Jersey is +11 the rest of the way. For the sake of comparison, Carolina and Columbus are at +3. Florida is at +2.

That big road trip is particularly gruesome for them. The Devils are 9 games above NHL .500 right now; that stretch alone could knock them down 2-4 games.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The opponent Above or Even/Below NHL .500 split for New Jersey is +11 the rest of the way. For the sake of comparison, Carolina and Columbus are at +3. Florida is at +2.

That big road trip is particularly gruesome for them. The Devils are 9 games above NHL .500 right now; that stretch alone could knock them down 2-4 games.

The Canes NEED to catch NJ IMO. I still don't think there will be a slowdown in Florida's play and I feel they'll get 1 playoff spot so the Canes need to beat NJ and CLB for the other.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The good thing with Florida is they have to play 17 games in 31 days this month, and then 5 in 7 days in April. While they have some games that look a bit easier based on where the teams are in the standings, having an even more compacted schedule than everyone else because of all those games in hand could end up hurting them. That may be what ultimately leads to their slip in play. And as we've proven for years, just because a team is bad in the standings, doesn't mean they won't be tough to play. I believe Arizona has beaten Minnesota (x2), San Jose, and Anaheim in the last month. Buffalo has beaten Boston and Tampa twice recently. Montreal beat what should have been a desperate Isles team twice this week. And on an on. We have one point up on Florida. We need to beat them in regulation head to head, and then finding 3 to 4 points on them from there won't be so bad.

Of course, with Jersey looking to have that difficult schedule, passing them won't be impossible. Obviously, the most important thing is taking care of our own business heading down the stretch and the rest will work itself out. Maybe riding Cam pretty much every game from here on out, and some inspiration from Jordan will be enough to find us some of the consistency we haven't seen on a regular basis this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->