Post-Game Talk: NJ (3) v. WSH (2), OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
No I am asking how much you watch Sid and Ovi? I doubt I watched anywhere near 10% of their games and I watch a lot of hockey. Unless you are a fan of the teams it would be hard to watch each team night and night out.

I watch a lot of Capitals games because most of my friends from college are Caps fans. As for Crosby, on nights when the Devils don't have a game I often do watch Penguins games for him and Malkin. Over several years, I have watched more than enough of both of them to form a valid opinion of them.

Offensive stats are not the only thing to consider with them. Corsi is important, and Crosby is amazing in that regard.

And then the real test, ask any GM or coach around the league which they'd rather have and you'll get the same answer from all of them.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Crosby is also the best faceoff guy on his team and is taking defensive zone draws, while starting Ovechkin in the defensive zone is useless. Ovechkin is further from his net when gameplay resumes.

That's one of the many flaws in your argument.

Crosby wasn't significantly better than Letestu (55.6% v 55.4%) but the media really pounded that story of Crosby working on his Face off in the off-season. No where near a Toews or Bergeron or Datsyuk level.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Crosby wasn't significantly better than Letestu (55.6% v 55.4%) but the media really pounded that story of Crosby working on his Face off in the off-season. No where near a Toews or Bergeron or Datsyuk level.

55% is pretty damn good in the NHL, and Letestu is a scrub who doesn't take many faceoffs to begin with. Crosby's sample size is much larger, which makes it more impressive. He is an excellent two-way player who has still had 100+ point seasons.

I just cannot believe that you are trying to use a statistical argument against Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad