Nintendo Switch #5

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hmm that was slightly underwhelming.... I wanted Skyward Sword to come in some kind of package.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Was hoping for more general Zelda news, but I'm sure we'll get more later on in the year. Even just porting the Wii U HD ports and 3DS ports of the earlier Zelda games would be amazing.

Reactions: longtime lurker

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So the big announcement was for a 2022 Splatoon game... I'm a little underwhelmed by the direct tbh.

Happy for some of the releases but was expecting something bigger..

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The only part that I had remotely any interest in was the Outer Wilds port.

Definitely chuckled at PROJECT TRIANGLE STRATEGY (working title)
What did you think of Lost Sphear and I Am Sestuna? I found them both fun but neither really grabbed me. I played the demo of Octopath and it showed me enough that I shouldn't bother with the full game.
I didn't play them, but when I looked into them, it seemed like more of the same to me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, I'm definitely going to get Outer Wilds. And I'll further confuse myself as I already have Outer Worlds on the Switch and constantly mix their names up even though I've never played Outer Wilds.

Reactions: robertmac43

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Oh good, they're remastering the WORST Zelda game.
I really liked skyward sword, in fact it had one of my favorite stories.

Im really disappointed that the Ninja Gaiden Collection had the worse version of both Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If there is a 3D bundle, I'd actually guess they'd be more interested in doing OoT, WW, and TP and leave out MM and SS. Just my hunch.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If there is a 3D bundle, I'd actually guess they'd be more interested in doing OoT, WW, and TP and leave out MM and SS. Just my hunch.
Yeah, A lot of people dont know but Ocarina of time and Majoras Mask on 3ds were pretty significant remasters. Id love for them to be ported to Switch in a bundle.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
bought a game yesterday without reading reviews......love strat games like Civilization so I picked up tropic 6 on a whim as it was on sale...…….guess there was a reason..what a terrible port with the worst graphics I have seen on my switch thus far smh. oh well lesson learned..read reviews lol.

Reactions: robertmac43

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My attitude with SS is that I'm going to wait for reviews to come out on if playing with a gamepad or just on the Switch as a handheld is even good or not. If the controls are okay, I might get it again. If not, no chance at all. I'm 100% over motion controls and don't feel like retreading ground there, especially for a game that was fundamentally broken with mandatory motion controls when first released. And all that ended up doing was making enemies into carnival games where you swing a certain way to attack and difficulty was vastly dumbed down as a result.

Oh yeah... and Fi... come to think of it, I might not get it even if the normal controls are good...

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think a lot of fans developed some nostalgia goggles with SS and have forgotten the pacing issues with SS, and how awful the Imprisoned boss fights were.

The story is one of the better ones for a Zelda game, and it's may more involved then how barebones BOTW was, with couple of really good dungeon designs, but by and large the game is really flawed.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I liked SS, but not enough to warrant a full-price purchase. If I want to replay it, I'll just plug the Wii back in.

I think this will be the year I finally pick up and play through the Xenoblade series. Just not much on my radar for purchasing and I think I'll really like Xeno anyways.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I've never played Skyward Sword and based on the feedback and issues, I don't think I'd like it. Doubt I'll get it unless there's a good deal.
Out of the games announced from the direct, I'm most excited for:

-Outer Wilds
-Mario Golf
-Splatoon 3 (only played the demo for the 2nd one - I could see the novelty wearing off fast)
-Fall Guys

I'm also a bit intrigued by the Ninja Gaiden collection but it sounds like they chose shitty versions to port? I only played Ninja Gaiden Black on the original Xbox and loved that game. It was kind of like a Soulsborne style game before that became a thing (difficult, in depth combat and tons of moves/combos, lots of weapons, lots of boss fights). I played the sequel and was pretty disappointed by it, didn't even bother completing it. No idea how Sigma is different - wasn't that the PS3 version of the game?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I've been trying to do the Pantheon of Hallownest in Hollow Knight and having to deal with
Nightmare King Grimm without being full health after 48 boss fights
is absolutely brutal. Game's endlessly addicting, though.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->