Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There was a game where you threw orbs that landed on certain spots and if you landed on the spots later on, you would get penalized. There was 0 incentive to use the orbs since they penalized everyone equally based on who landed on that spot. I can’t recall which game it was though.
I think this was Mario Party 6 but I may be wrong here.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I kind of agree that all Mario Parties are a pretty big waste of time, but I've never been a fan of party games in general (or the idea of a thing that just exists to help kill time/distract in a social situations). That type of "fun", without the charm/appreciation/craft/expressive/creative side of it being much of a factor seems kind of pointless to me, and when videogames are about that, I can do without the medium as a whole, personally.

That's just me, though. Something like the WarioWare games are another story altogether, though. Love that stuff.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I thought the Switch Mario Party game had a lot of potential. Some of the mini-games are quite good, especially the ones using HD rumble, I wish they leaned into that more actually. But the boards are terrible and the game just ends up being a drag because of it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I thought the Switch Mario Party game had a lot of potential. Some of the mini-games are quite good, especially the ones using HD rumble, I wish they leaned into that more actually. But the boards are terrible and the game just ends up being a drag because of it.
I'm quite surprised that game got zero content updates, since basically every other first party Switch title did.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Started playing Astral Chain for the first time yesterday.

Not bad, got about 3 hours into it so I haven't experimented with the upgrade system yet. The art, music, etc. is all awesome.

I'm not sold on the combat as of yet, but I need to give it a few more hours.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Cadence of Hyrule is absolutely my jam. I wasn't a big fan of Crypt of the Necromancer, but got this anyway because I'm a Zelda fanboy. I was expecting more of the original with a Zelda aesthetic, but nope! It's basically a mini 2D Zelda game with stripped down puzzles and with a rhythmic playstyle.

Very pleasantly surprised. A great love letter to the series as well, especially musically. I have no rhythm at all and am still having a blast.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Cadence of Hyrule is absolutely my jam. I wasn't a big fan of Crypt of the Necromancer, but got this anyway because I'm a Zelda fanboy. I was expecting more of the original with a Zelda aesthetic, but nope! It's basically a mini 2D Zelda game with stripped down puzzles and with a rhythmic playstyle.

Very pleasantly surprised. A great love letter to the series as well, especially musically. I have no rhythm at all and am still having a blast.
I would absolutely love a full-fledged 2D Zelda (or even remake) done in exactly that style. It looks fantastic, IMO.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great art and great atmosphere. Nothing too complex or advanced gaming wise (platforming or puzzle solving). It's something I should probably play a second time just because of how gorgeous it is.
Hmm might pick it up, it was on sale. I should check if it's still there.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For the Wii U, I forgot that I purchased Ninja Gaiden 3, Star Fox Zero, and Mass Effect 3 (for $10, $11, and $13 USD respectively). I have yet to play any of them. Back in 2015 I bought Assassin's Creed Black Flag for under $20, but that kept freezing on me.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree here, but Three Houses is probably the 6th best FE game after 6-10. I agree Smash, Mario, and MK have better switch versions, but Mario Party was best on the 64 and GC, IMO, especially 4-6.

GX is extremely difficult, but is simultaneously the best racing game ever created. I can't accept it being an "alright game."
I was able to put well over 100 hours on 3 houses in one play through and I got Path of Radiance as number 2 behind three houses.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was able to put well over 100 hours on 3 houses in one play through and I got Path of Radiance as number 2 behind three houses.
I put over 400 hours and multiple playthroughs into Three Houses including all the routes. I also maxed out all supports and basically 100%ed the game, though I'd like to go back someday and do a Hard/Maddening run.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like there's no real upcoming first party games with release dates to get excited about any time soon (unless you count the 3D World port).

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Bought Ring Fit about a month ago and tried it out today. Not a bad workout for a few minutes worth of time. It's definitely going to be a gym substitute for the near future.

How do you like it a month later? Thinking about buying a copy for my wife. She's looking for different exercise options post-pregnancy

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How do you like it a month later? Thinking about buying a copy for my wife. She's looking for different exercise options post-pregnancy
I've done it for about a couple weeks now. It's not going to build up your muscles but it gets you sweating and stretching. There's also some yoga in it as well just for good measure. I've started to do it at lunch and after work and today I'm definitely feeling sore (in a good way) so it is having some effect.

Reactions: Palio

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Apex Legends is coming to Switch on March 9, 2021. Probably won't run that well, especially the frame rate, but will still be a fun free-to-play FPS.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Played and beat Astral Chain this past week. It was ok. The music and art is pretty awesome. The combat is pretty bland and the upgrade system is meh. Most of the abilities you get some worthless.

Astral Chain: 5.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad