Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alright lads, update from by bro. He found a YT video explaining how to switch save games without needing their online subscription if you have both devices (Switch and Lite). One of the major games was Pokemon Sword/Shield which hilariously doesn't allow a cloud version of it, but what he did was have both devices close to each other and you can transfer it wirelessly.

Reactions: Daxi

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
E-shop has a really good bunch of sales going on right now! Lot's of big name games on sale from 30-50% off! Would recommend taking a look!

Reactions: Scygen

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Has anyone played the Witcher 3 on their Switch? After reading games of the decade lists, I want to give it a try. I also have a PS4 I could dust off if it's much better on that, but I would prefer to play it on my switch

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Has anyone played the Witcher 3 on their Switch? After reading games of the decade lists, I want to give it a try. I also have a PS4 I could dust off if it's much better on that, but I would prefer to play it on my switch

Everybody says it is very impressive.

My guess is that playing in handheld is the way to go: smaller screen and lower resolution.

Reactions: Palio

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

If you are going to be playing it on your tv I would get it for the PS4. If you are looking to bring it around, then yeah, get it for the Switch.

Reactions: Palio

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you are going to be playing it on your tv I would get it for the PS4. If you are looking to bring it around, then yeah, get it for the Switch.
I got it for the switch today and I’m waiting for it to download. Also got some LEGO games that I’m hoping are like the old LEGO Star Wars games for nostalgic purposes. All for 55 so that’s fun.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So my Switch is getting pretty full in terms of storage. Which SD cards do people recommend? Hopefully going to order one over the weekend!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So my Switch is getting pretty full in terms of storage. Which SD cards do people recommend? Hopefully going to order one over the weekend!

As Commander Clueless said, there's no reason to go overboard here. If you know the brand, odds are you'll be fine. The biggest differences with those cards don't really change much for the Switch and there's no difference between the Switch branded cards and that same card without the logos at a cheaper price.

Reactions: robertmac43

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Just got the switch and a big fan of the elder scrolls franchise. But unfortunately when i got skyrim for the ps3 my ex made me return it cause i got to consumed in it and never finished it.

Does it port well to the Switch?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anyone find any recent gems in terms of Indie titles recently? I have now played most of the big ones I wanted to and looking to broaden my horizons...

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Anyone find any recent gems in terms of Indie titles recently? I have now played most of the big ones I wanted to and looking to broaden my horizons...
How recent? This year specifically or within the past few? Does Into the Breach count as one of the big ones?

Downwell has flown criminally under the radar, IMO (and it's only $3 and isn't a huge time investment, so there's no excuse not to give it a real shot). It's one of the most elegantly crafted yet simple games of the decade, in my opinion. As I mentioned in another thread, I genuinely think it's a tighter game than Hollow Knight, which might be blasphemy to a lot of people.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How recent? This year specifically or within the past few? Does Into the Breach count as one of the big ones?

Downwell has flown criminally under the radar, IMO (and it's only $3 and isn't a huge time investment, so there's no excuse not to give it a real shot). It's one of the most elegantly crafted yet simple games of the decade, in my opinion. As I mentioned in another thread, I genuinely think it's a tighter game than Hollow Knight, which might be blasphemy to a lot of people.

Can be from any time really. I was just trying to cancel out the really big ones; Celeste, Wargroove, Dead Cells, golf story, etc.

Things that fly under the radar are great recommendations!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Going to be getting Fire Emblem soon and I'm wondering what all the expansion pass adds and if it's worth the extra amount?
Right now it doesn’t add much. You get a new character, new outfits, some stat boosting things, and a different type of battle. There’s supposed to be an added expansion later this year. I would get it just because it adds an extra layer but I also think this is one of the best games made this year so it’s fine either way.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Going to be getting Fire Emblem soon and I'm wondering what all the expansion pass adds and if it's worth the extra amount?

the newest path releases Feb 12th.
I honestly think for me - the 30ish dollars i paid was worth it and it just gives you a lot of stuff. there are some people who were fine without it.

Reactions: Gecklund

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
the newest path releases Feb 12th.
I honestly think for me - the 30ish dollars i paid was worth it and it just gives you a lot of stuff. there are some people who were fine without it.

Wait, new path?

Welp, there's another play through.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wait, new path?

Welp, there's another play through.
Entirely speculation on my part (maybe just a guess) I think Rhea becomes controllable and your main character. It just seems weird to me there is a support option between her and Byleth but not recruitment option.

Edit: never mind just looked it up. I was wrong.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Any beginning tips for a Fire Emblem noob? I've only played a few hours so far, enough to have the intro battle and look around the monastery, I ended up picking Black Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad