Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
It really isn't, though.

Here's a completion video that didn't seem to use motion controls and barely used any rolls at all. I approached my Koopa races very similarly purely by using similar running/jumping/leaping/hat-jumping combinations, and it seemed like a pretty effective method. In fact, that's what made them fun, as opposed to all the endless fetch quest moons.

I didn't do all of them myself (only certain that I fully completed the first two), but my experience is more consistent with GreatKeith's than yours, personally.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Thanks for the vid.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anyone here have the Switch lite? Personally I kinda like the more handheld driven design, I don't really care about not being able to play it on my TV. Wondering if it's worth picking it up on sale this weekend.

It has a d-pad, so it’s already better than the normal Switch, imo, lol. Trying to play any 8-bit or 16-bit game with the analog stick or the d “buttons” on the included joycon is seriously making me lose my mind. I’m considering trying the d-pad mod.

You won’t regret getting the Lite. Solid handheld.

Reactions: MikaIsGod

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It has a d-pad, so it’s already better than the normal Switch, imo, lol. Trying to play any 8-bit or 16-bit game with the analog stick or the d “buttons” on the included joycon is seriously making me lose my mind. I’m considering trying the d-pad mod.

You won’t regret getting the Lite. Solid handheld.

I'm still holding out hope for a single player oriented set of joycons with a proper D-pad and some bigger buttons/joysticks. These things hurt my hands.

I have money for you Nintendo.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
For anyone looking to buy a Switch as a gift this year, a Walmart-exclusive bundle (includes Mario Red joycons, Mario carrying case, and $20 eShop credit) is releasing tomorrow:

(This is the newer model with better battery life, BTW.)

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's a couple of years old, but Cat Quest is astonishingly a really great game. Kind of a baby's first action RPG customization-wise, but the gameplay loop is very enjoyable and the aesthetic is just quality.

Would recommend. Going to add the sequel to my wish list.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'll be finally be attending into this century and getting my boys a Switch for Xmas. Got my hands on the Black Friday Mario Kart bundle. We're hoping to hold off Fortnite as long as possible so we go Splatoon 2 instead. Is it any good?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I got Okami (never played the original) and South Park the Fractured But Whole during the black Friday sales. I should have a big enough backlog now to last the next year or so.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Holy terrible name. I read that Bravely Default II was announced and wondered why they're porting a mildly disappointing 3DS game that was quickly forgotten about.

I mean, this is way better. The first half of the original Bravely Default was ****ing fantastic, so there's hope to be had that they can get it right, but every single game in this series has an atrocious name for one reason or another. Square's love of putting an English dictionary into a blender and naming their games from the resulting smoothie is bad enough without throwing in inconsistent numbering.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It's kind of one of those trailers that gets you really interested and impressed until you realize what it's a trailer for, and then you become kind of disappointed, though.

I would much rather play the hypothetical game that I imagined titled "Goddamn Super Hero" than I would No More Heroes 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad