Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Also, someone dropped some news about 5 days ago that had a lot of information about the upcoming E3 for Nintendo.
It may or may not all be true, but seeing as how it said that Nintendo would announce their Online Services details on this exact day I'll give it a bit of credit for being accurate for now.
There was some good stuff in there, with the release date of Super Smash and the new Fire Emblem being released this holiday season, along with a bunch of other information.

DcoyfFRW0AATck3.jpg:large

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I had an idea. They should remake a number of old NES games for the Switch with enhanced graphics. More popular titles like Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda would get full retail releases, others like Balloon Fight and Ice Climber would be eShop only.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Smash, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Pokémon.

You'd probably have to evacuate E3 after it burns down.

mic drop for nintendo.
i am so geeked for Fire Emblem news. I lucked out and got a very affordable Radiant Dawn, and i hope beyond hope that they announce another Fire Emblem Echoes: POR for2019

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tired of the rehashing of Red and Blue. The entire last gen imo has been the worst and the pandering to the first gen is a big reason. Hopefully the game is actually fun.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Funny.

Isn't this meme old though? Why am I seeing it all over the internet once again?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
mic drop for nintendo.
i am so geeked for Fire Emblem news. I lucked out and got a very affordable Radiant Dawn, and i hope beyond hope that they announce another Fire Emblem Echoes: POR for2019
It's tough to say what will be announced. Nintendo probably doesn't want to cannibalize themselves with too many major announcements.

Smash is already big enough on it's own. It really depends on how far long the other projects are. Pokémon might warrant it's own set of announcements but putting in Metroid and Fire Emblem alongside Smash seems like good advertisement both ways.

Although if Smash includes a Gen 8 pokemon character then all bets are off.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Bought Kingdoms: New Lands as it was on sale for $12.

:thumbd:

Very disappointing. Mindlessly addicting for a time, but the fun ends quickly. Big waste of money.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Tired of the rehashing of Red and Blue. The entire last gem imo has been the worst and the pandering to the first gem is a big reason. Hopefully the game is actually fun.
I know it’s not a popular opinion, but this.

We already have Firered and Leafgreen. I want to see Nintendo do what they did with Zelda and Mario with Pokemon; I don’t need ANOTHER remake.

Reactions: Turin

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I know it’s not a popular opinion, but this.

We already have Firered and Leafgreen. I want to see Nintendo do what they did with Zelda and Mario with Pokemon; I don’t need ANOTHER remake.

While I sort of understand where you are coming from, FireRed and LeafGreen were released 14 years ago. On the GameBoy Advance.

It might be the nostalgia in me talking, but I feel like a remake/reboot/re-imagining/whatever of Kanto isn't so ridiculous. In fact, with the popularity of the originals combined with the popularity of the Switch.....

Not that I'd dislike a game based on what you are saying or anything.

Either way, I'm excited to see what they do with it. If anything breaks my resilience and forces me to pick up a Switch, it'll likely be this.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Bought Kingdoms: New Lands as it was on sale for $12.

:thumbd:

Very disappointing. Mindlessly addicting for a time, but the fun ends quickly. Big waste of money.

I felt the same, and I got mine for the same $12 in a bundle with other games. :laugh:

It's a neat concept, but it gets old really fast.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Funny.

Isn't this meme old though? Why am I seeing it all over the internet once again?

My software developer degree is actually a major in game development. I never actually ended up working in the industry because I can make more money working less hours doing enterprise software work, but I do still make games for fun in my spare time. Never with the intention to release anything, just to practice. As one person working on a game, there is just so much shit to do, it's a humongous task to build a game as just one person. You need multiple talents. I do find it a bit annoying how everything indy seems to be pixel graphics but honestly it is just so much easier to work with these kinds of assets when you aren't a designer or an artist.

Reactions: Pilky01

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
While I sort of understand where you are coming from, FireRed and LeafGreen were released 14 years ago. On the GameBoy Advance.

It might be the nostalgia in me talking, but I feel like a remake/reboot/re-imagining/whatever of Kanto isn't so ridiculous. In fact, with the popularity of the originals combined with the popularity of the Switch.....

Either way, I'm excited to see what they do with it. If anything breaks my resilience and forces me to pick up a Switch, it'll likely be this.
Assuming the Switch is going to have games available from most of their prior systems you'd think the old Pokémon games would turn up eventually.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I'd also make the argument that despite FireRed & LeafGreen being remakes, they weren't nostalgia plays. I was all about Red & Blue when they first came out, but by the time the remakes were out I was in high school and had long since moved 'past' games like Pokemon. I didn't play any Pokemon games between Yellow and picking up a copy of Black used on a whim in 2007. I can play the best available version of every Pokemon generation on my 3DS aside from 1, thanks to the remakes being stuck on the GBA.

There's always the possibility that it isn't a re-make and could just be a separate story in the Kanto region, or they could do the Gen 2 thing and have part of the game take place in Kanto. I'm excited to finally find out what it is...in a month...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizdizzle

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Pokemon sucks.

I want it on Switch because it will help hardware sales, which will lead to more software, but God I hate Pokemon. Such a shitty game.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
How does MHW compare to MH Generations? Haven't played either and not at all familiar with the franchise, but I've watched some streams of people playing MHW and it looked interesting.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If it looks good enough I'll try out the new one.

I said that about Pokemon X and still hated it. I am convinced now I will never like Pokemon until they do a massive gameplay overhaul/update, which they never will because Pokemon fans would flip their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad