Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Probably will come off as being cranky and some hyperbole, but where are the new games? It seems like all I see in B&M stores are the games I saw 6 months ago, and the eshop has tons of indie games, which I'm over the 8/16-bit esque side-scroller phase.

The system needs to start getting more than remakes and ports IMO.

Reactions: Jbose7 and Winger98

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Any recommendations for my 2nd game for the Switch? Played the hell out of BOTW, and looking for something to play this weekend in handheld mode. Thinking of Super Mario Odessey for obvious reasons. Attack on Titan 2 caught my eye as having interesting gameplay (never read/watched any of the source materials or anything like that).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Any recommendations for my 2nd game for the Switch? Played the hell out of BOTW, and looking for something to play this weekend in handheld mode. Thinking of Super Mario Odessey for obvious reasons. Attack on Titan 2 caught my eye as having interesting gameplay (never read/watched any of the source materials or anything like that).

Odyssey is a good pick (even if I think it is slightly over hyped). You will get a couple solid weeks out of Odyssey.

I would most recommend either Splatoon 2 or Mario+Rabbids. Splatoon if you like fast paced action and want a shooter, Rabbids if you want something you can relax with.

I would probably go with Rabbids. Lots of replayability there, good challenge, and plenty of content.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Octopath (regular edition) is available on Amazon
Octopath (collectors) is available on best buy
so is Mario Tennis Aces (on Amazon). for Canadians

finally.

i have to decide if i want the collectors edition. if it's JUST the popup box and a coin and a music track imma gonna cancel my order.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
So, anyone else have an issue with the usb-c port not working? The cable doesn't fit snug and i already tried cleaning out the port with a staple and got nothing so I'm guessing I gotta send it to Nintendo? I've heard that they sometimes send you a new system without your profiles so you lose all of your progress...really lame if true. The system's battery is dead so I can't access the profiles and copy them over

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No I haven't had that problem with the ports.

That really sucks about the system. You are pretty much boned. All your save data is gone.

Its making me less inclined to push on with Master mode in Zelda; knowing that if something goes wrong I will lose all that progress is almost keeping me from playing it.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Going to be taking a 7 hour flight (14 hours round trip).... Hopefully play Zelda for a good portion of the time. Really wanting it to hook me.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
No I haven't had that problem with the ports.

That really sucks about the system. You are pretty much boned. All your save data is gone.

Its making me less inclined to push on with Master mode in Zelda; knowing that if something goes wrong I will lose all that progress is almost keeping me from playing it.

Maybe once a week I'll save my profile to my microSD card from now on

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Maybe once a week I'll save my profile to my microSD card from now on

Is something like that possible?

Everybody keeps freaking out about there being no possible way to back up your save data. Can it be saved to your SD card?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When is metroid supposed to release?

They had just started working on it when it was announced so it is still a long ways away.

I haven't gotten a game for my Switch since Mario came out and that's fine by me. I get people wanting more awesome 1st party titles but there are a ton of great games available on the Switch right now. Yes lots of ports and such but I bet you almost anything there a lot of great games that a lot of you haven't played. Who cares if it's a port as long as the price is fair?

Also I maybe on the older side on here (34 years of age) but I still cannot believe the LABO stuff is seemingly being met with a giant shrug. The potential is sky high! Electronics and Lego made by one of the very best entertainment companies in the world and people seem to say "graphics aren't good enough". I must admit that makes very sad.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dunno, a lot of people seem pretty hyped for Labo. A lot more hyped than I am anyway.

I am certainly curious how it will develop from here, but I definitely ain't buying one at this point.

Im thinking about getting Fractured Butt Whole, but I am sure it will come down in price soon enough, so I think I can wait it out.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hopefully this year, but I'm not sure if they've said anything. The first 3 Metroid Primes are among the best games ever.

Eh they probably only have a years work on it (?), should still be a while before it's out. I've actually been going through a Metroid Prime playthrough on my Wii, love the games but wondering where they can take it for the new one. Will it be just an incremental sequel on new hardware, or will the devs be able to step up their game like Nintendo did with Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Reminds me I never actually finished Metroid Prime 3.

Super Mario Galaxy came out only a couple months after Prime 3. I started playing Galaxy and never wound up going back to Metroid.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Holy shit people!

Rogue Aces!

I can't recommend this game enough. Its a rogue-like, WW2, dogfighting, arcade shooter sort of game.

I am in love!

It's also on PS4.....but its better on Switch because portable.

It is so great that these kind of games exist nowadays. That developers (in this case, just two guys) are taking the core mechanics of super basic arcade games and finding ways to turn them into deep, expansive adventures, all while still maintaining the simplicity of classic arcade action......videogames are in the best place they have ever been. :nod:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Holy **** people!

Rogue Aces!

I can't recommend this game enough. Its a rogue-like, WW2, dogfighting, arcade shooter sort of game.

I am in love!

It is so great that these kind of games exist nowadays. That developers (in this case, just two guys) are taking the core mechanics of super basic arcade games and finding ways to turn them into deep, expansive adventures, all while still maintaining the simplicity of classic arcade action......videogames are in the best place they have ever been. :nod:

Great recommendation! I checked this game out and read some reviews before picking it up, and I ultimately ended up buying it. I’m having a great time with it so far. The animations are so good, and the challenge really ramps up after you complete a few missions in any given run. I’m not sure what the shelf life of a game like this will be, but I do know that I’ll be playing it nonstop for the next week, maybe longer. So much fun.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Holy **** people!

Rogue Aces!

I am in love!

Have you played Luftrausers on Steam by any chance? Looks like it has a similar gameplay vibe (very different aesthetic, though). I'm interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->