Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well, ok, but that raises the question - why aren't they developing for Switch?

I mean, the demand is clearly there.
A number of developers have come forward and said their best sales are on the Switch.

If you put your game on Steam it's going to be buried in a mountain of garbage.

Reactions: Pilky01

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Risk of Rain guys are focusing on making the sequel, but that being said I have a hard time imagining that they're doing anything but leaving money on the table for a Switch port given the success of the game on Steam.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't want Bad North buried on the bottom of the last page! :damnpc:

Cant wait for that. I can imagine wasting lots of hours with this 'rogue like, procedurally generated, tactics, tower defence' game.

West of Loathing seems to be the most hyped game coming out of the Nindie direct...

Reactions: CPTN71

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Online realtors do usually reserve the right to cancel for mistaken price drops, just fyi. Don't be shocked if they don't honor those.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some people have already done in-store pickup orders and they've been honored, but I imagine it'll get fixed at some point.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Apparently an encrypted message was decoded as a new Donkey Kong game was being announced this year.......

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
April, and still no pre-order info for Octopath or Mario Tennis aces. geeze, amazon.ca

I'm half way through FE Fates: Conquest, and I have to say I am officially addicted. now to be fair, I play on normal/casual mode which is tough enough so i'm not sure if it would be worth it to me to go too back into the FE backlog and experience permadeath and crap like that, however conquest is really teaching me how to be more strategic etc, rather than "KILL THEM ALL"

makes me super excited for FE: Switch.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
April, and still no pre-order info for Octopath or Mario Tennis aces. geeze, amazon.ca

I'm half way through FE Fates: Conquest, and I have to say I am officially addicted. now to be fair, I play on normal/casual mode which is tough enough so i'm not sure if it would be worth it to me to go too back into the FE backlog and experience permadeath and crap like that, however conquest is really teaching me how to be more strategic etc, rather than "KILL THEM ALL"

Awakening isn't too bad even with permadeath, though admittedly I only play on normal difficulty and grind like there's no tomorrow.

I wouldn't be shocked if they showed off the new FE game at E3.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

We're not supposed to talk about such things on here but emulators have save states which can help a lot with that.

Haven't been able to play fates but for Fire Emblem I like the combination of casual+hard mode. For strategy JRPG's I grew up on Shining Force and the like so while I need a good challenge the concept of permadeath has never sat well with me in these games.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I just want this Yoshi game. Why is Nintendo hiding this? It was played at E3 LAST YEAR and we have heard literally nothing. Between Kirby and Mario Tennis, this game won't come out until at least the fall. If we hear anything, that is.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I just want this Yoshi game. Why is Nintendo hiding this? It was played at E3 LAST YEAR and we have heard literally nothing. Between Kirby and Mario Tennis, this game won't come out until at least the fall. If we hear anything, that is.
Yoshi seems to be like that after YWW went quiet for years. If it's not at E3 this year it's not coming out this year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

yoshi is always been weird with releases.

ugh i'm so bummed. i was actually winning an affordable (really affordable) Fates SE and i got sniped at the very last minute. doom. (i'm just gonna put the DLC on my system and call it a day)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Not sure how I missed this but day 1 purchase for me

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Finally got a micro SD card for my Switch. 64 gb.

Feels good to have all my games downloaded again. :D

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Can anyone here comment on Skies of Fury?

It loos so cool! But a $20+ port of a mobile game really makes me hesitate. It got a glowing review on Nintendo Life, but I feel like this is the perfect kind of game to wait on a sale for.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I hope Sakura Wars doesn't end up being a phone game like the new Wild Arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->