Value of: Nino Niederreiter

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would you want from Edmonton . Keep in mind we have to trade dollar for dollar ,cap for cap .

In that case, you don’t have anything we want.

Actually, RNH might work.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What would you want from Edmonton . Keep in mind we have to trade dollar for dollar ,cap for cap .
Not unless you're looking to break Draisaitl down into Spurgeon+Nino or something. I assume Oilers fans aren't. Even if Chiarelli was I'd be a little surprised if he had license to make another trade like that right now.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not unless you're looking to break Draisaitl down into Spurgeon+Nino or something. I assume Oilers fans aren't. Even if Chiarelli was I'd be a little surprised if he had license to make another trade like that right now.

Spurgeon would be needed in any Draisaitl deal . I think it would become to big of a deal to make . It would have to be 2 wingers a D for Draisaitl + a lessor D We would need a winger to work with McDavid and 1 to work with RNH . Deal like this HF posters can never agree on . I think Nino would work with RNH , Spurgeon would help the PP . Benning would probably have to go back and then we would need a speedy winger for McDavid with hockey IQ and a NHL level shot with a quick release so he can go where McDavid needs him to be

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon would be needed in any Draisaitl deal . I think it would become to big of a deal to make . It would have to be 2 wingers a D for Draisaitl + a lessor D We would need a winger to work with McDavid and 1 to work with RNH . Deal like this HF posters can never agree on . I think Nino would work with RNH , Spurgeon would help the PP . Benning would probably have to go back and then we would need a speedy winger for McDavid with hockey IQ and a NHL level shot with a quick release so he can go where McDavid needs him to be
Yeah, Spurgeon+Nino+Another NHL Winger is far too rich for my blood. That's also a whole pile of cap going back to Edmonton.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Yeah, Spurgeon+Nino+Another NHL Winger is far too rich for my blood. That's also a whole pile of cap going back to Edmonton.
No too rich for me - I'd do it. Edmonton can't though because of all the cap. Maybe Spurgeon, Nino and JEE or something. To be clear, the Wild are losing this trade but I don't care - we'll suck this year but could build around Drai and whomever we draft in the top 10. Wild aren't going anywhere this year anyways.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No too rich for me - I'd do it. Edmonton can't though because of all the cap. Maybe Spurgeon, Nino and JEE or something. To be clear, the Wild are losing this trade but I don't care - we'll suck this year but could build around Drai and whomever we draft in the top 10. Wild aren't going anywhere this year anyways.
I was assuming they'd be after Zucker. I wouldn't be as averse if they were looking at Eriksson-Ek, Greenway or Kunin.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon+Nino+JEE/Greenway/Kunin
for
Draisaitl+Benning

That'd be a rough one to stomach.
It would and it risks a substantial step back this year, but it might set us up better beyond that.

If we end up dropping out of the playoff picture we probably move Staal at the deadline and end up with two 1sts this year: one in the 10-16 range and one in the 20-30 range. Assuming Draisaitl is the 1C going forward (and you don't make the trade if you're not positive of that), you've got some combo of Koivu/Coyle/Eriksson-Ek/Greenway/Kunin as the middle-C's. Wings are thinner than before, but it's still Parise, Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, etc. with Kaprizov coming in 2020. The defense is worse, but maybe Belpedio steps into a 2RD role in a year or two? Doesn't seem that crazy; a lot could go wrong and a lot could go right.

I imagine Edmonton fans hate it and I get why, but it's a situation where a "quality for quantity" deal might make a degree of sense. They've got numerous holes to fill, not may pieces to move, almost no cap space, and a ticking clock.

Reactions: PuckInTheNards

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
It would and it risks a substantial step back this year, but it might set us up better beyond that.

If we end up dropping out of the playoff picture we probably move Staal at the deadline and end up with two 1sts this year: one in the 10-16 range and one in the 20-30 range. Assuming Draisaitl is the 1C going forward (and you don't make the trade if you're not positive of that), you've got some combo of Koivu/Coyle/Eriksson-Ek/Greenway/Kunin as the middle-C's. Wings are thinner than before, but it's still Parise, Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, etc. with Kaprizov coming in 2020. The defense is worse, but maybe Belpedio steps into a 2RD role in a year or two? Doesn't seem that crazy; a lot could go wrong and a lot could go right.

I imagine Edmonton fans hate it and I get why, but it's a situation where a "quality for quantity" deal might make a degree of sense. They've got numerous holes to fill, not may pieces to move, almost no cap space, and a ticking clock.
This is exactly my thinking.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Draisaitl doesn't have that kind of value, and has done nothing to indicate that he's the kind of guy to build a team around.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Draisaitl doesn't have that kind of value, and has done nothing to indicate that he's the kind of guy to build a team around.
It agree that it's overpayment, but if he can be a 1C for 10 years it might be worth doing. If he can't then yeah, giving up all of that for a 2C making $8.5m would be pretty dumb regardless of what Edmonton added.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You all know me as Brodin's 2nd biggest fan in the world, but that trade is very fair. TML would probably rather send a non performing contract (Bracco?...whatever) to even out the money from TO's end.

Brodin and Nylander aren't close in value, at this point. Not miles away, but ot close. why this trade would work would be;

- TML need a solid top 4Dman. Brodin is still young, and can skate and move the puck, TML D corp don't need offense, just poise and competence. Nino is perfect as a complimentary winger for the high end talent that TML already has up front.

- Nylander will speed up the Wild, and at least give them the possibility that he might turn out to be a top 6 C, which they will badly need in a couple of years.

I think Brodin will be missed by the Wild more than some fans think, and do think they might regret this trade 5 years now when Spurgeon and Suter are older and broken down, but at this point MN needs to do something to shake them up.

The challenge here is that the Leafs are pretty deep with LHD, not only on the squad, but with prospects as well. Leafs need is a RHD, which leads to conversations about Dumba or Spurgeon.... of course conversations that being with Leafs asking for Dumba, never go well, and rightfully so.

I think the Leafs should trade Zaistev + Nylander + 2018 1st (if they make the playoffs). It’s a stupid conditional, but look at what happened with the Flames.

Those pieces for Spurgeon and Nino. Wild start the rebuild, Leafs get a top pairing RD and a middle 6 LW/RW.

I'd be down to make this trade.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It agree that it's overpayment, but if he can be a 1C for 10 years it might be worth doing. If he can't then yeah, giving up all of that for a 2C making $8.5m would be pretty dumb regardless of what Edmonton added.
It's not as simple as just saying 1C or 2C though. The Wild got 42 goals and 76 points out of their 1C last year. Where did that get them? As good as Draisaitl is, would you expect 42 and 76 out of him for the next 10 years?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It's not as simple as just saying 1C or 2C though. The Wild got 42 goals and 76 points out of their 1C last year. Where did that get them? As good as Draisaitl is, would you expect 42 and 76 out of him for the next 10 years?

for 10 years no, but for 6-8 i could see 60-80 points if healthy. He is not McDavid but he would be a 1C we have longed for. COULD be. Same concept as Nylander, without McDavid is he that good? Wont know till we try.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Fair enough, though I don't mean to sound too hung-up on the 1C/2C 1D/2D BS. With Draisaitl in particular it comes down to whether or not he can play up to his contract: if he can be an $8.5m center (and I'm not at all sure that he can) and was potentially available for trade I'd be pretty open-minded about the cost. Someone that's watched a lot more hockey than me would have to make the call on whether or not he can play up to that contract, though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
for 10 years no, but for 6-8 i could see 60-80 points if healthy. He is not McDavid but he would be a 1C we have longed for. COULD be. Same concept as Nylander, without McDavid is he that good? Wont know till we try.
Huge difference between an 80 point center and a 60 point center. The Wild have had a 60 point center for more than a decade and everyone has bitched that he wasn't good enough to be a 1C.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Fair enough, though I don't mean to sound too hung-up on the 1C/2C 1D/2D BS. With Draisaitl in particular it comes down to whether or not he can play up to his contract: if he can be an $8.5m center (and I'm not at all sure that he can) and was potentially available for trade I'd be pretty open-minded about the cost. Someone that's watched a lot more hockey than me would have to make the call on whether or not he can play up to that contract, though.
I would love to add Draisaitl to the Wild, but the cost has to be at least resonable. A top pair Dman 2 top 6 wingers and taking back a $2M cap dump, isn't reasonable IMO.

Reactions: nstarjim

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Huge difference between an 80 point center and a 60 point center. The Wild have had a 60 point center for more than a decade and everyone has *****ed that he wasn't good enough to be a 1C.

I agree, I put that range as if i said 6-8 years of 70 points i figured that would be unliked even though that is where he is at right now and i dont know his line situation. I love Koivu but his pass first mentality is what kills me, that and Drai has speed to his game is why i would like more as a 1C and Koivu 2C until we find a younger 2C or if you want Drai and Koivu as top 6 Centers and then hopefully in a year or 2 one of our younger guys steps into that role for Koivu or Staal at the deadline gets us a Center prospect who can step in. I like the dude and would risk it to get his talent on our team considering his age and skill level.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I agree, I put that range as if i said 6-8 years of 70 points i figured that would be unliked even though that is where he is at right now and i dont know his line situation. I love Koivu but his pass first mentality is what kills me, that and Drai has speed to his game is why i would like more as a 1C and Koivu 2C until we find a younger 2C or if you want Drai and Koivu as top 6 Centers and then hopefully in a year or 2 one of our younger guys steps into that role for Koivu or Staal at the deadline gets us a Center prospect who can step in. I like the dude and would risk it to get his talent on our team considering his age and skill level.
Draisaitl is about as fast as Staal. He’s not slow but he’s not fast either. Idk, I’d worry about Draisaitl’s production overall without McDavid just like Nylander without Matthews. Worth a discussion though.

Reactions: 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Draisaitl is about as fast as Staal. He’s not slow but he’s not fast either. Idk, I’d worry about Draisaitl’s production overall without McDavid just like Nylander without Matthews. Worth a discussion though.

I don't disagree I believe I mentioned it before he is similar to nylander in that regard, might be a different post, he has produced off McDavids line I just don't know the specifics as I don't keep tabs on all that.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I would do a brodin + Nino trade in a heartbeat if we could get nylander to sign for 7. He would do wonders for our transition game and zone entries. Not to mention having this base of players moving forward:Granlund(can play center & hopefully sticks around after contract), nylander(can play center), Zucker, kaprizov(seems likely at this point), and Dumba makes us a lot more gifted team than if we didn’t have Nylander.
You forgot to mention, that Kaprizov excels at playing center and Dumba can play center, too.
Just like Granny and Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad