Value of: Nino Niederreiter

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Saad is more expensive, and doesn't have Nino's legit excuse of injuries last year to blame for his lack of ...anything. Why would you want to get worse than Nino, and more expensive?

Alternatively, Saad also has a longer history of scoring more, so...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What about Nino+ for Panarin?

The plus depends on if an extension is in place. Wild need that game breaker and he is a right handed forward which we need.

Even factoring contract situation, Nino and Panarin aren’t even remotely close right now.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
A taco. Panerin? nino would have to be the + added to something else. He's not playing well.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
that's what I've been looking at for a while too if we deal with the wild. The thing is the plus is probably a piece that's maybe better or equal to brodin. I want one of coyle/nino/zucker added to the deal. If its zucker leafs give back a solid valuable piece. If it's the other two then I would give something like a 3rd.

Nino+Brodin

Nylander+2019 3rd

Is what I would look at

Make it a 2nd and I'd do it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Then poof, Nylander becomes a 45-50 pt player away from Auston Matthews and Nino goes back to his old ways of 25 goals and 60 pts. Oh, and then we have Seeler in the top 4 instead of Brodin. That sounds like such a good idea, doesn’t it?

Reactions: canucklehead44

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Then poof, Nylander becomes a 45-50 pt player away from Auston Matthews and Nino goes back to his old ways of 25 goals and 60 pts. Oh, and then we have Seeler in the top 4 instead of Brodin. That sounds like such a good idea, doesn’t it?
Any significant trade we make has the possibility of going completely pear-shaped. I worry about what exactly Nylander would look like in Minnesota but I can't deny that he checks several boxes.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We're not winning the cup this year. Brodin is easier for us to replace long term than finding talent of Nylander's level.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Any significant trade we make has the possibility of going completely pear-shaped. I worry about what exactly Nylander would look like in Minnesota but I can't deny that he checks several boxes.
He doesn’t check the contract box. He checks the skilled forward and right handed boxes. There’s half a check mark in the center box. He doesn’t check the physical box. He doesn’t check the playoff performer box.
We're not winning the cup this year. Brodin is easier for us to replace long term than finding talent of Nylander's level.
So we purposely lose a trade just because finding a LHD is easier? That makes no sense. Rather bank on Nino rebounding soon.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He doesn’t check the contract box. He checks the skilled forward and right handed boxes. There’s half a check mark in the center box. He doesn’t check the physical box. He doesn’t check the playoff performer box.
I agree on the contract. Until he's signed the trade talk is pretty moot.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

So we purposely lose a trade just because finding a LHD is easier? That makes no sense. Rather bank on Nino rebounding soon.
I don't think we're losing the trade. We're just trading from a strength to address a weakness.

Yes, it lessens the strength, but we have prospects in the pipeline already to reinforce it down the road.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
What about the Devils they have cap room? Zacha and 3rd?

NJ declines without much hesitation.

Zacha has been given (and, frankly, has also earned) the 2C spot in what should be a pivotal sink-or-swim year. In our four games this year, he looks to have taken a step in his development, and has been much more dynamic on the offensive side of the puck.

I like Niederreiter, and Nico+Nino would be an instant storyline, but I wouldn't give up Zacha in such a deal.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Last season niederreiter was better than laine, I’m giving both of them leniency just because the season just started

Statement of the year? Laine scored 44 and Nino 18 in a broken season.

This is pretty homer quality stuffs bruh.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
NJ declines without much hesitation.

Zacha has been given (and, frankly, has also earned) the 2C spot in what should be a pivotal sink-or-swim year. In our four games this year, he looks to have taken a step in his development, and has been much more dynamic on the offensive side of the puck.

I like Niederreiter, and Nico+Nino would be an instant storyline, but I wouldn't give up Zacha in such a deal.
Understandable but could not think who else MN would want. Though, still think Devils be best fit for Niederreiter. Heading in right direction but yes Nico + Nino would be interesting.

Last edited:

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Understandable but could not think who else MN would want. Though, still think Devils be best fit for Niederreiter. Heading in right direction but yes Nico + Nino would be interesting.

Definitely not faulting you for gunning for Zacha; actually, the PZ-for-Nino base has been kicked around these boards a couple times over the years. That type of deal would make the most sense for Minnesota.

Now, if you want to talk Mikey McLeod, that might be a different story...

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If one had faith in Nylander being a 1st line RW away from Matthews it's not the worst idea in the world for Minnesota. I think the price tag is high, but we'd be trading from two positions of strength so it's one we could probably afford. I dunno.

I would do a brodin + Nino trade in a heartbeat if we could get nylander to sign for 7. He would do wonders for our transition game and zone entries. Not to mention having this base of players moving forward:Granlund(can play center & hopefully sticks around after contract), nylander(can play center), Zucker, kaprizov(seems likely at this point), and Dumba makes us a lot more gifted team than if we didn’t have Nylander.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I would do a brodin + Nino trade in a heartbeat if we could get nylander to sign for 7. He would do wonders for our transition game and zone entries. Not to mention having this base of players moving forward:Granlund(can play center & hopefully sticks around after contract), nylander(can play center), Zucker, kaprizov(seems likely at this point), and Dumba makes us a lot more gifted team than if we didn’t have Nylander.

granlund can not play center. thats why he sucked until moved to wing. he can be slotted there and not do anything but he is a wing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
granlund can not play center. thats why he sucked until moved to wing. he can be slotted there and not do anything but he is a wing.
Can play center, means like in a pinch. He just covered for Koivu in an emergency and was still one of the best players that game.

Obviously he's still a better winger, but he CAN play center if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->