Value of: Nino Niederreiter

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
that's what I've been looking at for a while too if we deal with the wild. The thing is the plus is probably a piece that's maybe better or equal to brodin. I want one of coyle/nino/zucker added to the deal. If its zucker leafs give back a solid valuable piece. If it's the other two then I would give something like a 3rd.

Nino+Brodin

Nylander+2019 3rd

Is what I would look at
If one had faith in Nylander being a 1st line RW away from Matthews it's not the worst idea in the world for Minnesota. I think the price tag is high, but we'd be trading from two positions of strength so it's one we could probably afford. I dunno.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
that's what I've been looking at for a while too if we deal with the wild. The thing is the plus is probably a piece that's maybe better or equal to brodin. I want one of coyle/nino/zucker added to the deal. If its zucker leafs give back a solid valuable piece. If it's the other two then I would give something like a 3rd.

Nino+Brodin

Nylander+2019 3rd

Is what I would look at
No. You’re not getting Nino as the + to Brodin even if Nylander had a contract. Brodin and Nylander are close enough as is and Nino for a 3rd tilts the trade way in Toronto’s favor.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think the Leafs should trade Zaistev + Nylander + 2018 1st (if they make the playoffs). It’s a stupid conditional, but look at what happened with the Flames.

Those pieces for Spurgeon and Nino. Wild start the rebuild, Leafs get a top pairing RD and a middle 6 LW/RW.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m not very high on laine, he’s a poor possession player and playmaker and has trouble scoring when his teams pp isn’t hot (see: now)
Yet he still is outscoring Nino in both assists and goals. Possession doesn’t mean much unless the puck ends up in the back of the opposing team’s net.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yet he still is outscoring Nino in both assists and goals. Possession doesn’t mean much unless the puck ends up in the back of the opposing team’s net.
The entire wild team is bad right now, I wouldn’t sweat it with nino. Give them a few weeks and the team should turn around some

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
What about Nino+ for Panarin?

The plus depends on if an extension is in place. Wild need that game breaker and he is a right handed forward which we need.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What about Nino+ for Panarin?

The plus depends on if an extension is in place. Wild need that game breaker and he is a right handed forward which we need.
This is definitely something to consider, but a lot depends on a contract extension.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No. You’re not getting Nino as the + to Brodin even if Nylander had a contract. Brodin and Nylander are close enough as is and Nino for a 3rd tilts the trade way in Toronto’s favor.
You all know me as Brodin's 2nd biggest fan in the world, but that trade is very fair. TML would probably rather send a non performing contract (Bracco?...whatever) to even out the money from TO's end.

Brodin and Nylander aren't close in value, at this point. Not miles away, but ot close. why this trade would work would be;

- TML need a solid top 4Dman. Brodin is still young, and can skate and move the puck, TML D corp don't need offense, just poise and competence. Nino is perfect as a complimentary winger for the high end talent that TML already has up front.

- Nylander will speed up the Wild, and at least give them the possibility that he might turn out to be a top 6 C, which they will badly need in a couple of years.

I think Brodin will be missed by the Wild more than some fans think, and do think they might regret this trade 5 years now when Spurgeon and Suter are older and broken down, but at this point MN needs to do something to shake them up.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm honestly not sure who's more responsible for Saad's situation: him of Quenneville. As change-of-scenery moves go it's not the worst, even if it's way too early to seriously think about it.
You mean the guy who's coached them to 3 Cups is the problem, not Saad?:help:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What has Niederreiter done that makes a 1 for 1 change of scenery swap so offensive?
Saad is more expensive, and doesn't have Nino's legit excuse of injuries last year to blame for his lack of ...anything. Why would you want to get worse than Nino, and more expensive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad