Value of: Nino Niederreiter

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm convinced he doesn't finish the season in a Wild uniform. The Wild need an influx of players who can handle the puck better. Too few players with that skill in any quality right now.

What do you thinki the Wild could get for him?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What are you after, futures or one for one trades? I wouldn't mind LA swapping an established player for Niederreiter.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'm convinced he doesn't finish the season in a Wild uniform. The Wild need an influx of players who can handle the puck better. Too few players with that skill in any quality right now.

What do you thinki the Wild could get for him?
Sven Baertschi’s best quality is his puck-handling ability.

Reactions: canucklehead44

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Sharks are interested. We’d probably part with Donskoi and either Heed or Simek (bottom pairing defenseman). We’d need some kind of retention to make the cap work though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not that OP was suggesting we trade him immediately, but right now is probably the worst possible time to do it. He spent most of last year injured and his point totals reflect it, he's started this year slow (though I thought he showed flashes of his old self last night vs the Coyotes), and it's at that point in the season where no one's seriously looking to make moves anyway.

Still, it's hard to get around the fact that Minnesota's got a lot of expensive top-6 LW's: Parise ($7.5m), Zucker ($5.5m), Niederreiter ($5.25). With Parise ending last season and starting this season very strong, having Zucker/Nino has the 2/3 LW's is kind of an expensive luxury. It's not necessarily a problem but it's also not ideal, especially when they've kept Greenway in the NHL.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see Nino traded before the end of the season but I don't think it'll be soon. Hopefully he picks up the scoring pace a little, but I'm pretty confident that he will.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What we can get for him depends if he plays more like he is now and at the end of last year, or if he plays more like he did at the beginning of last year when he paced for 35 goals until injury. To me he is just thinking too much out there. He is taking brutal lanes in the offensive zone; he isn’t going to the front of the net. He will drive the net but it feels like he is satisfied just with the scoring opportunity in itself.

His value probably isn’t where most wild fans think it is right now. For me, we keep him for a while and hope he picks up his game.

Value is probably around a late first.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The only interesting offer so far, in my mind.

I’m not opposed to a Brandon Saad change of scenery deal either, but yeah, would be interested in taking a flyer on Zacha.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m not opposed to a Brandon Saad change of scenery deal either, but yeah, would be interested in taking a flyer on Zacha.
I'd say Saad at $6m worries me with the way he's been playing, but I guess most would say the same thing about Nino right now :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not that OP was suggesting we trade him immediately, but right now is probably the worst possible time to do it. He spent most of last year injured and his point totals reflect it, he's started this year slow (though I thought he showed flashes of his old self last night vs the Coyotes), and it's at that point in the season where no one's seriously looking to make moves anyway.

Still, it's hard to get around the fact that Minnesota's got a lot of expensive top-6 LW's: Parise ($7.5m), Zucker ($5.5m), Niederreiter ($5.25). With Parise ending last season and starting this season very strong, having Zucker/Nino has the 2/3 LW's is kind of an expensive luxury. It's not necessarily a problem but it's also not ideal, especially when they've kept Greenway in the NHL.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see Nino traded before the end of the season but I don't think it'll be soon. Hopefully he picks up the scoring pace a little, but I'm pretty confident that he will.
Nino often plays the off wing. That's where he uses his shot on the inside move.

Nino has had a slow start , but like most goal scorers, he's streaky. I'd rather give him at least half a season before thinking about trading him, especially if it's for the crap that we are seeing on this thread. Saad has some similarities to Nino, but Nino has the excuse of injuries last year for his putrid showing, and Saad's cap hit is higher, and even longer, I think?

When Nino is on his game he is a big physical goal scorer with a good shot and good hands. Also plays a good two way game( apparently he is great statistically speaking). Should be a 20 goal scorer. Best to wait till a player is in demand before trading him, not when he is struggling.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nino often plays the off wing. That's where he uses his shot on the inside move.
True, but even then we're looking at Granlund, Coyle and Nino on the right side. Like I said, not really a problem. It's just kind of awkward and I think it makes Nino the most likely to shake free if we do trade a forward.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I've got all the time in the world to discussion Brodin+ for Nylander.
that's what I've been looking at for a while too if we deal with the wild. The thing is the plus is probably a piece that's maybe better or equal to brodin. I want one of coyle/nino/zucker added to the deal. If its zucker leafs give back a solid valuable piece. If it's the other two then I would give something like a 3rd.

Nino+Brodin

Nylander+2019 3rd

Is what I would look at

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad