Speculation: Nino Niederreiter Wants Out of Long Island

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don't follow the Isles, so here's my question: Why isn't Niederreiter with them right now? He's leading his AHL club in points and goals, he's top10 in AHL points, top5 in goals. The Isles aren't exactly deep up front, leaning heavily on their top6, and could use some more quality players there.

I think the trade demand is dumb, an ill-advised move, but after playing 55 games for them last year, and doing very well in the AHL this year during the lockout, I'd expect to have a spot on the roster, too.

Brock Nelson and Donovan are having very strong seasons in the AHL too.
Before Nelson took a puck to the jaw and was out 4 weeks, he was the Sound Tigers best all round player. Donovan made the all star 2012-2013 ahl all star team.

They were not invited to camp either because Snow wants them all getting 20+ mins a night, which they wouldn't get in the 48 game NHL sprint, that we'll see played out this season.

Which top 6 player, should have been bumped for Nino's 1 nhl goal and strong 36 AHL games?
Moulson's had 3 straight 30+ goal seasons.Nino's not bumping Tavares.;)
Okposo is coming off a career high 24 goals.
Grabner's been the isles best player out the gate, after playing well in Europe.
Bailey played the best stretch of his career in the last 19 games, so they want to give him a long look at 2nd line lw when he comes back. He's ready to start skating and will push Boyes.
Nino doesn't play center, so he wasn't bumping Frans Nielsen.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Before Nelson took a puck to the jaw and was out 4 weeks, he was the Sound Tigers best all round player. Donovan made the all star 2012-2013 ahl all star team.

They were not invited to camp either because Snow wants them all getting 20+ mins a night, which they wouldn't get in the 48 game NHL sprint, that we'll see played out this season.

Which top 6 player, should have been bumped for Nino's 1 nhl goal and strong 36 AHL games?
Grabner's been the isles best player out the gate, after playing well in Europe.
Bailey played the best stretch of his career in the last 19 games, so they want to give him a long look at 2nd line lw when he comes back. He's ready to start skating and will push Boyes.

True, but most kids at least get to show up and "pretend" to compete for those spots.

He didn't get that chance at all. And being clearly used for the cap hit last year rotting on a 4th line, i could see him having reason to be upset.

would by ironic if he asked to be sent to the AHL last year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I'm not sure I'd bump anyone, but would try to form a better third line. Put him on the third line with Aucoin. He could get 13-15 minutes a night, help take some of the pressure off the top6 so maybe they don't have to average 20 minutes a game, and he wouldn't be hit with the other team's topD every shift.

If the kid showed up to camp way out of shape or something, I could see sending him down just to send a message. But the kid looks like he came to play this year, and I don't blame him for being a bit confused by being left in the AHL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm not sure I'd bump anyone, but would try to form a better third line. Put him on the third line with Aucoin. He could get 13-15 minutes a night, help take some of the pressure off the top6 so maybe they don't have to average 20 minutes a game, and he wouldn't be hit with the other team's topD every shift.

If the kid showed up to camp way out of shape or something, I could see sending him down just to send a message. But the kid looks like he came to play this year, and I don't blame him for being a bit confused by being left in the AHL.

So instead of playing 20+ mins a game, playing on the pp/pk/even strength, Nino would be better off developing on the 3rd line getting the 8+ to 13+ mins a game
Ullstrom-Aucoin-MacDonald play ?

No pp time?

and I want young vets Moulson/Tavares/Okposo/Grabner logging a lot of icetime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->