Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter (MIN) Traded for Victor Rask (CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He's not tanking on purpose. And unfortunately, we won't sniff the top 5 in the draft. The first pick is most likely going to Colorado after Ottawa gifted them with it.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
To me, the issue with Rask is depression.
That is why he always seems to be detached, absent.
And this trade and situation will not help. Every goal Nino scores, he probably wants to hide more.

Have him see a professional, and in 3 months you have a return on the 4 mio.
Canes fan here. Rask never shows any emotion. I suspect he is a Vulcan, or maybe a cyborg.

If you are looking to psychoanalyse Rask from his facial expressions, give it up.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Canes fan here. Rask never shows any emotion. I suspect he is a Vulcan, or maybe a cyborg.

If you are looking to psychoanalyse Rask from his facial expressions, give it up.

That is the point !
He seems absent ... not here ... sort of having given up.

Normal people do have expressions. (some more than others ... Latine vs Scandinavian or Asian ) But generally people do have them. When someone scores, he should be happy. When he looses, he should be unhappy.
To have little to no emotions is a bad sign .

Of course the person who always looks sad ... is probably coping with a depression (even mild).
But who displays no emotions could hide a serious problem. Even for years.

In the case of Rask ... he costs a team 4 mio a year. Add 20'000 for a professional psy !!
investment is ridiculous ... and you can get a big return 3mths later. (actually he is going to cost the Wilds 12 mio !! ) worth a little checkup IMO.

but basically i am an armchair hockey player, i don't know this guy and never even followed him particularly.
His family and people who are with him should notice. (often it is normalized ... he as responsibilities therefore he has pressure .... and is less happy ... such logic's often result into a depression going under the radar for close people. They often do not think that the person is under-performing because of a depression, and that, if being treated, he could surge again and become successful again)
It just struck me ! and i shared it. Thanks for your input ;-)

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
That is the point !
He seems absent ... not here ... sort of having given up.

Normal people do have expressions. (some more than others ... Latine vs Scandinavian or Asian ) But generally people do have them. When someone scores, he should be happy. When he looses, he should be unhappy.
To have little to no emotions is a bad sign .

Of course the person who always looks sad ... is probably coping with a depression (even mild).
But who displays no emotions could hide a serious problem. Even for years.

In the case of Rask ... he costs a team 4 mio a year. Add 20'000 for a professional psy !!
investment is ridiculous ... and you can get a big return 3mths later. (actually he is going to cost the Wilds 12 mio !! ) worth a little checkup IMO.

but basically i am an armchair hockey player, i don't know this guy and never even followed him particularly.
His family and people who are with him should notice. (often it is normalized ... he as responsibilities therefore he has pressure .... and is less happy ... such logic's often result into a depression going under the radar for close people. They often do not think that the person is under-performing because of a depression, and that, if being treated, he could surge again and become successful again)
It just struck me ! and i shared it. Thanks for your input ;-)
I was just making the point that it isn't a new phenomenon

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nino didn't score.

Since we get an update every time he does, we might as well post when he doesn't.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Exhibit A on why Nino got traded. He is way too inconsistent and paid too much.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but in 21 games in Carolina he’s scored in 13 of them for a total of 19 points. One bad game (from the entire team, not just Nino) doesn’t actually make a trend of inconsistency. If he comes back next game and scores again you’re basically saying “wow this guy is so inconsistent for not getting a point in every single game.”

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but in 21 games in Carolina he’s scored in 13 of them for a total of 19 points. One bad game (from the entire team, not just Nino) doesn’t actually make a trend of inconsistency. If he comes back next game and scores again you’re basically saying “wow this guy is so inconsistent for not getting a point in every single game.”
He does only have 1 goal in the past 9. Not that it changes anything. We've always known he was streaky.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He's not necessarily wrong that inconsistency is what got Nino traded. I don't think he's over paid if he's a 50pt player though.
Short of the true superstars of the league, everyone in the NHL is inconsistent. Rask, Donato, and Fiala are going to have the exact same issues that Nino, Coyle, and Granlund did in terms of puting up points. The only thing you can really hope for is that they are a little more consistent, and that they actually show up in the playoffs.

Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->