Player Discussion Nino "El Nino" Niederreiter II

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He doesn't look slow like he did last year post injury. He's never been a speedster, but he seems to be healthy, at least, and I see some decent skating.

I thought Coyle looked excellent tonight playing in the top 6. Who knows if that can last, but at this point maybe move Nino down to the 3rd line with Ek and Grrenway. Maybe he can relax and find some chemistry with them. I also don't see NN being effective on the PP, at all.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that Nino's game can disappear like this. We could really use him, if we are going to amount to anything this year.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Looks like Nino is finally breaking out of his 3/4 year funk. Let's hope it continues.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Looks like Nino is finally breaking out of his 3/4 year funk. Let's hope it continues.
3/4 years? He was fine until he was injured in Dec last year. On a 28 goal pace to that point, then just came back a lesser version of himself.

edit: you meant three quarter year slump. I'm dumb.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
3/4 years? He was fine until he was injured in Dec last year. On a 28 goal pace to that point, then just came back a lesser version of himself.

I believe before his initial injury he was on a 37 goal pace through 30 games.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I believe before his initial injury he was on a 37 goal pace through 30 games.
The initial injury was the end of December last year. He tried to come back early in January, managed a strange 3 goal game, but he went back on IR for the same high ankle sprain.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The initial injury was the end of December last year. He tried to come back early in January, managed a strange 3 goal game, but he went back on IR for the same high ankle sprain.
And despite still putting up respectable numbers his skating never really looked right after that. It's only been the last dozen games or so that he's looked like himself again to me.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

3/4 year. Not plural, a fraction. .75 of a year

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

His initial injury was actually the 3rd game of the year against Chicago; missed almost 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->