Player Discussion Nino "El Niño" Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Hopefully he can build on his good season. If he establishes himself as a 20-30g per season kind of player i'll be more than happy.

Billy Mays Here*

I always feel kind of bad for Nino because you know Zucker is likely going to take his spot in the top 6 when he comes back next year, and Nino will be relegated to the 3rd line even though he probably deserves a top 6 spot. But then again, Vanek seems to be playing fine on the 3rd line so maybe it isn't such a big deal.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Vanek goes where Zucker goes. If Stewart sticks, Nino should stay on the 2nd line, let Zucker play with Vanek on the 3rd.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
24 goals on 14 minutes a night is beyond outstanding. It is not unreasonable to think that with 3-4 minutes a night more, Nino would be a 30 goal scorer rather easily.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I think Vanek goes where Zucker goes. If Stewart sticks, Nino should stay on the 2nd line, let Zucker play with Vanek on the 3rd.

These are my thoughts on it as well.

Plus, that Nino-Koivu-Stewie line has just been too good to break up and putting Zucker on it will change the entire dynamic.

And Zucker and Vanek really did seem to play well together. Throw in Coyle, who seems to be playing well with Vanek as well and it could be pretty interesting.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
all i can say about nino is WOW! im very pleased he hit the 20G mark. i'll say it again if he can be a consistant 20G scorer we hit the jackpot. (zucker also)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
yeah anyone wanna figure out what all of our guys +/- is since the Duby trade?

Well, I did the math... Very complicated formula and such. Everyone's +/- is much better now than previously.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Niño is truly looking like a steal. It's so east to forget how young he is too. I've been very impressed with his progress in the defensive zone as well as his goal scoring. I'd like to see him get PP time and I'd like to see him shoot more because when he unloads one it's absolutely lethal, as we saw in the playoffs last year. And he's gotten better at it but being a little more physically imposing wouldn't hurt.

Hard to complain about such a young kid getting 25 goals. If he can be a 30g 50-60 point guy every year I will worship Chuck Fletcher for all time.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Clutterbuck for Niederreiter was a steal the instant the ink dried on those trade documents.

Thank God the Wild dangled that carrot and won the Islanders yearly bad trade sweepstakes.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I never thought a Wild goal would exceed Bruno's game 7 winner in my personal pantheon, but I think this one has.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Wild fans, what's are reasonable expectations for niederreiter in the next couple of years? I see him as a 30 goal 20 assist guy who will contribute with his physicality and forechecking. Is his ceiling much higher or am I pretty close?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild fans, what's are reasonable expectations for niederreiter in the next couple of years? I see him as a 30 goal 20 assist guy who will contribute with his physicality and forechecking. Is his ceiling much higher or am I pretty close?

I personally think that's really fair. 30-35 goals, with a career year between 35 and 40 if the situation is right for him. 20-25 assists as well. He's only getting better. Love his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad