Nilsson

littleguybigstik

Feb 12, 2006
If Robert Nilsson gets sent down to the A, do you think its going to discourage him or challenge him to get back to the nhl? This islander management seem to have a knack in ruining talented players into not caring players...

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
If Robert Nilsson gets sent down to the A, do you think its going to discourage him or challenge him to get back to the nhl? This islander management seem to have a knack in ruining talented players into not caring players...

Seeing that he came into camp as a not caring player, I think it's worth risking.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005

Nilsson oughta be just fine. His problem has nothing to do with management, it's with the coach - at this point. And while his stick-handling, passing and creativity are plusses, his shooting, defense, and physical play are minuses. The second half of last year was the Islanders thowing out a rag-tag group just to see 'em. He's going to learn more in the Bridge. Barring his own injury, he'll be up for stretches before the year is out. He'll have his chance to stay up.

Grebeshkov, who went to Russia, is also no biggie. He simply isn't ready yet, and the Islanders retain his rights.

Losing Bergenheim to Russia hurt. But I don't think he'll be an uncaring player when he comes back. He also has some maturing to do. Another couple years in the NHL playing with the abandon he played with last year and he'd be a frequent injury case.

And I'm not sure what you mean by 'ruining' talented players. Do we mean Connolly? Because that's the only situation I can think of that's of any interest.

If by 'ruining' you mean being impatient and impulsive by trading them away before they're fully developed, then - yes - there's much to that. But we hardly have to go over the Milbury era again, do we? And nobody would much care about that if the prospects that were traded away (Luongo, Bertuzzi, and Jokinen, most notably) were 'ruined' beforehand.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad