Confirmed with Link: Nilsson traded to Blues for a mid round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good deal. Oilers need to see if Brossoit is ready to at least backup Talbot next year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't be surprised if the oilers are trying to pick up another goalie prospect as well

No need. Use a couple of those 4ths and 5ths we're getting. Trade up to 3rd round or so. Draft Veini Vehilvilainen. Profit.

Can you imagine if we'd drafted him instead of Svoboda? What a 7th round that would have been. :laugh:

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Got him for nothing, gave him a chance and it didn't work out. No time for another chance, LB is ready for backup, methinks

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Give LB at least 6 starts down the stretch. I'm still in favour of him spending one more season in the AHL next year and signing a stop gap back-up for one year. If LB is ready to challenge Talbot, then sure, have him on the team.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
McKenzie was saying he thought Schultz and Purcell were going to be staying behind too but they're both headed back to Edmonton. Poor Nilsson got left there all alone!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McKenzie was saying he thought Schultz and Purcell were going to be staying behind too but they're both headed back to Edmonton. Poor Nilsson got left there all alone!

Actually, the Oilers apparently aren't flying out until the morning. No rush, and those looked like two hard fought, exhausting games.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Fair enough, I was hoping the trade between us and St louis would get us a defenseman :D

hopefully this isn't the last trade between the teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad