Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
How does Lundkvist compare to what Fox was as a prospect a few years in?

Arguably higher at the same check points on development, albeit with Fox “gaining ground” and closing the perception gap as he progressed.

In many ways Fox exceeded just about everyone’s internal and external expectations last season. The general consensus was that he was probably a second pairing guy who could see some time on special teams and have a nice career.

Not nearly as many were expecting him to jump out of the gate and so convincingly trend in the direction of a first pairing type.

His refusal to sign with Carolina aside, his trade value more or less reflects that view.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I can’t fathom people talking about dealing this guy unless it’s for a 1C. He oozes top pair potential.

I'd package him for PLD in a heartbeat and that's not a knock on Nils. But outside of that type of trade, he's a keeper.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'd package him for PLD in a heartbeat and that's not a knock on Nils. But outside of that type of trade, he's a keeper.

Yeah, I think no less than a guy like that would be wise to deal Nils for.

And if I'm packaging him with other premier assets I'd probably target someone other than PLD as well. Can I aim for Eichel first?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I believe that if we trade Nils anytime soon, we will end up regretting that decision.

that depends on the return...i'm a huge Nils fan but no one is talking about giving him away. if he's dealt it likely is for a REALLY good player.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Yeah, I think no less than a guy like that would be wise to deal Nils for.

And if I'm packaging him with other premier assets I'd probably target someone other than PLD as well. Can I aim for Eichel first?
Would Lundkvist for PLD straight up be considered fair value?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Thx fellas. So basically we are talking if the 2021-22 season starts on time next October, Lundqvist will be on the roster? Can't wait to see this kid on the big stage.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Thx fellas. So basically we are talking if the 2021-22 season starts on time next October, Lundqvist will be on the roster? Can't wait to see this kid on the big stage.

Lundkvist will have to be good enough in camp to make the team, which he should be, but he may need some adjustment time to playing in NA.

And then there's the problem of there not being a spot for him, currently. Given that the DeAngelo/Trouba experiment lasted all of maybe 2 days, it's even more likely now that DeAngelo gets moved at some point in the near future.

And of course, Schneider might have something to say about it as well.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Lundkvist will have to be good enough in camp to make the team, which he should be, but he may need some adjustment time to playing in NA.

And then there's the problem of there not being a spot for him, currently. Given that the DeAngelo/Trouba experiment lasted all of maybe 2 days, it's even more likely now that DeAngelo gets moved at some point in the near future.

And of course, Schneider might have something to say about it as well.

Amazing how loaded we are on the right side. I mean it's insane....an embarrassment of riches!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Given that the DeAngelo/Trouba experiment lasted all of maybe 2 days, it's even more likely now that DeAngelo gets moved at some point in the near future.
That experiment lasted longer than TDA's Parler experiment :laugh:

We'd have to be looking at something like...
Miller-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
TDA-Lundkvist

Probably eventually trade TDA and fill in with Robertson/Jones/Schneider

Reactions: QJL

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Havent really seen him play. How does he compare to Quinn Hughes, makar, heiskanen when they were his age?? Is he close to that level??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad