Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is there a chance he's on the roster in 2021/22?
He'll almost certainly be under contract for that season, whether he makes the team depends on a lot of different factors beyond just him being ready or not.

Reactions: 42

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gun to head, is Lundkvist's ceiling higher than what TDA is now?
I just dont know if Lundkvist will ever have the offensive prowess that DeAngelo has. But overall, offense and defense, I think you are going to get mixed responses depending on who you talk to. Because of Fox, I think many would favor Lundkvist and his ability to defend much better than DeAngelo. I think I am in that boat too. But hard to truly decipher who ends up having the better career. If you just go by point totals then its DeAngelo. But from the back end, is that enough to make him the more valuable player? And again, team needs have to be taken into consideration.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Gun to head, is Lundkvist's ceiling higher than what TDA is now?
In that situation I’d say no. TDA is a high level point producer and I’d say TDA’s offense is a best case scenario for Lundkvist, and I’m not sure if Nils’ defense will tip the scales in his favor.

Tbf I do tend to air on the side of caution when it comes to projecting prospects.

I could absolutely be wrong, and I hope I am, but that’s how I see it at the moment. To me the big question marks are how Lundkvist develops (or doesn’t) physically and how much he can improve his skating.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love love love Lundkvist but no way. Tony D’s offense is elite.

I wonder if he can play center..... j/k... are am I?

The question is whether or not Lundkvist's defense is good enough to offset the difference in offense. I don't expect Lundkvist to be a top-5 D-man in points in any NHL season. He's a more well-rounded defenseman than DeAngelo though.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Lundkvist becomes a major piece in a trade for PLD or Eichel, does that make some fans more content with the McDonagh trade? I have felt that Lundkvist has the trajectory of a Top 4 Defenseman on a roster throughout his career, which for where Mac was trending when we traded him, already had me content with the return for McDonagh.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Lundkvist becomes a major piece in a trade for PLD or Eichel, does that make some fans more content with the McDonagh trade? I have felt that Lundkvist has the trajectory of a Top 4 Defenseman on a roster throughout his career, which for where Mac was trending when we traded him, already had me content with the return for McDonagh.

10000%.

It's not the home run the Nash trade is looking like but if he's moved for a foundational player, we've done well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad